Through The Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences, APPcamp Students will:
• be exposed to computer programming, gaming and mobile application development platforms
• learn design fundamental principals and how to develop and publish mobile applications
• work in teams to design, build and test mobile applications
• interact and engage with University faculty and college students from the School’s three departments
• explore career pathways in Information and Computer Science fields
Projects will emphasize Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) concepts and be correlated with Common Core Standards and the Framework for Next Generation Science Standards. Activities will emphasize ‘21 Century Skills’ such as critical thinking, communication and problem solving.
APPcamp is intended for students who will be entering 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th grade in the fall of 2016. The average age range of our participants is between 11 and 14.
July 11th to July 15th
July 18th to July 22nd
July 25th to July 29th
*No Prerequisite Required*
APPcamp will be held in state-of-the-art laboratories at the University of California, Irvine and run from 8:00am to 4:00pm. Space is limited to 20 students per session.
Each one-week camp is $500 and includes all materials, breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Current UCI staff & faculty will receive a $75 discount.