Through The Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences, APPcamp Students will:
• be exposed to computer programming, gaming and mobile application development platforms
• learn design fundamental principals and how to develop and publish mobile applications
• work in teams to design, build and test mobile applications
• interact and engage with University faculty and college students from the School’s three departments
• explore career pathways in Information and Computer Science fields
Projects will emphasize Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) concepts and be correlated with Common Core Standards and the Framework for Next Generation Science Standards. Activities will emphasize ‘21 Century Skills’ such as critical thinking, communication and problem solving.