Archive for the ‘Meeting’ Category
MEETING WITH JASON CLEAVER, DBH CLASSROOM SUPPORT
Met with Jason Cleaver to test the AverVision 330 digital projection device and test the assistive listening devices.
- The optimal conference room lighting setup for the AverVision is as follows: back section lights on, front section lights off, and the desk lamp on.
- Contrast on the Apple devices will have to be decreased in order for the devices to show up properly on-screen.
- Assistive listening devices are not workable as the in-room frequency differs from the device frequency.
- Jason indicated that we would be able to go into the Conference Room on Thursday 8/5 in the late afternoon to set up.
- Per JAN, we can utilize other Career-Staff to assist with Welcome/Cart Driving
- JEREMY was going to forward the Registration Link to Jim Doyle and Jason Cleaver to register for the event.
- ROBERT to send invite to listserves again with RSVP date. Will need to get a final of the food/refreshment needs by Monday 8/3 for Panera.
- ROBERT will create attendee list/database
- SHIZA will need to take care of requesting signage from Parking and Transportation for: 1) One entry on campus for cars to Anteater Parking Structure, and 2) pedestrian signage from Anteater Parking Structure to DBH. Also will need to develop/create signs from once attendees get inside DBH.
- Date for Workshop is officially Friday, 8/6/2010, Donald Bren Hall, 6th Floor Conference Center Room #6011, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Sarah Herrlinger as presenter has been confirmed by Scott Hayes
Parking / Accessibility / Cart Service? Draft instructions for obtaining permit? DSC pre-purchase and sell at Lot? Signage on “sandwich boards” to Workshop site? If Cart Service, use Shaun and/or other student assistants?
- Attendees will be encouraged to use Lot 12B (behind PSCB) for the event.
- SHIZA will create driving directions and permit/kiosk directions
- JEREMY will create walking directions from Lot 12B to DBH
- SHIZA will create signage “Apple Accessibility” from Lot 12B to DBH
- SHIZA will contact parking to put signage out on E. Peltason directing attendees to Lot 12B
Room Setup (Approx. 125 with tables?) – PC Projector / Audio / Overhead: When? Day before or is 8:00 am day of event sufficient?
- JEREMY/ROBERT will be meeting with JASON CLEAVER of ICS/DBH., 3:00 pm – 3:30 (audio, DHH, power, Overhead Projector, etc.) – Bring 3-4 extra power strips and extension cords.
- JEREMY/ROBERT ask JASON CLEAVER if we can come in the afternoon before to set up venue.
Display Area Setup (Equipment / Tables / Power / Signage): When? Day before or is 8:00 am day of event sufficient? JEREMY/ROBERT
- Registration Table – JEREMY – DSC General Info Guide, UCI Computerstore, Apple?
- Apple Exploration Table(s) – ROBERT – How many? Power strips and extension cords?
Food & Refreshments
- SHIZA will coordinate – needs to speak with JAN regarding budget (Pastries, Fruit, Water, Juice, Coffee)
Literature (DSC, UCI Bookstore, OIT) (see REGISTRATION TABLE above) – JEREMY
Invitations (UCI-OIT, AT Specialists, AltMedia Specialists) (25 seats reserved for UCI) – ROBERT
- Apple Education Registration link will be active this Friday, 7/2/10. UCI Staff/Affiliates will have first priority (up to 25 seats)
- Link for Registration will be posted at Apple Education site, with 1st priority for UCI Affiliates, then it will be opened to non-UCI affiliates (personal contact, then AltMedia listserve).
Thank You gifts for Apple Staff (UCI Pins / Stuffed Animals / Cards): Sarah Herrlinger, Jay Matheson, Scott Hayes, Chris Cummins) – SHIZA
*DRAFT Agenda for Event
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am – Check-in / Registration / Apple Exploration / Continental Breakfast
- 10:00 am – 11:30 am – Presentation of Touch Devices and Apple Computers Accessibility
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm – Question and Answer
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm – Apple Exploration / Excused for Day / Lunch
- As of 6/4/10, RE confirmed with Apple Reps (Scott Hayes, Chris Cummins & Jay Matheson), Friday, August 6th, 2010, as the Date for the Apple Accessibility: Built-in Not Bolted-on Workshop.
- Locations discussed: Joe White Room (Cross Cultural Center), Emerald Bay A-B, Donald Bren Hall 6th Floor Conference Room.
- Shiza, Jeremy, Jan and Robert toured the DBH 6th Floor Conference Room and agreed that it would be the most favorable location for the Workshop.
- Jan secured DBH for the date (8/6/10).
Things for Committe to Consider:
- Contact of Apple (Sarah Herrlinger, Presenter) for duration and needs.
- Contact UCI Computerstore Manager, Mason Kington for involvement and support.
- Contact of ICS Faculty/Staff for potential involvement/support of event.
- Invitation of Kevin Ansel, SA-IT Director, and Dana Roode AVC of OIT.
- Invitation of OIT Apple Staff and other Computing Support Professionals.
- Accessibility map and directions (Parking Lot to DBH, DBH to Conference Room)
- Refreshments/Snacks – what and where in venue?
- Lunch – what and where in venue?
- Equipment needed
- Room Layout
- “Playroom” Layout for “tinkering” with Apple devices
- Introduction – How it came about
- Apple Accessibility
- Description (Handout)
- Apple Accessibility Page(s)
- Current Happenings
- UCI Computerstore
- DOS IT (Not Confirmed)
- The Vision
- 4-Hour Presentation
- Conference Room(s) on Campus
- Presentation Room
- “Sandbox” Area
- Accessible Map
- Special Needs
- Event Webpage
- Online Signup/Registration
- ACTION ITEMS
- Secure date of Apple Accessibility presenters – ROBERT
- Reserve Joe White & Ring Road Room for 1st Week of August – SHIZA
- Research Accessibility Map for UCI Student Center Parking Structure to Student Center or Cross Cultural Center – JEREMY