Junior Faculty Shark Tank
To take part in the Jr. Faculty Shark Tank you must be nominated by your department Chair.
Each member will give a 7-8 min presentation that will cover the overall problem, strategy/approach, current progress, and deployment plan. The panel will then ask questions and make comments for ~5 min. Prizes will then be awarded based on the panel selection for best proposal and the people’s choice (real-time voting by the audience).
Panel of judges confirmed include:
- Shu Chien, UC San Diego
- Francis Duhay, Edwards Lifesciences
- Dean Ho, UC Los Angeles
- Tibor Juhasz, UC Irvine
- Henry Samueli, Broadcom founder
Student Shark Tank
Calling all Inventors and Entrepreneurs within the UC System!
Share your innovative ideas with investors, veteran entrepreneurs, and our UC community for a chance to win $$, prizes, and commercialization opportunities.
Enter by submitting an elevator pitch video (no longer than 2 minutes) here: email@example.com
Finalists will be chosen to present at the Opening Ceremony in front of renowned entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Deadline to submit elevator pitch videos May 15th. Finalists will be notified by May 22nd. Presentations will be on June 18th.
Student Shark Tank Judges include:
- Matthew Jenusaitis, CEO, OCTANe
- John Gerace, President, Co-Founder at Calabri Biosciences, LLC
- Ron King, Chief Science and Business Officer at BioAccel
- Leanna Levine,President at Aline
- Judy Greenspon, President at NPI Services, Inc.