We’ve added a new widget to allow you more flexibility in what is displayed when you use the Meta widget. The Meta widget is a way for you to include a login link to your website. You can add this widget to any area that your theme allows widget placement.
Default Meta Widget
The default Meta Widget includes the following links:
- Login/Site Admin link
- Logout Link (If you are logged in)
- Entries RSS (RSS feed to your Posts)
- Comments RSS (RSS feed to your Post Comments)
- Link to WordPress.org
Custom Meta Widget
The new Custom Meta Widget allows you to select which links you want to display and also includes the option of adding your own link.
Adding the Custom Meta Widget
- In your Dashboard, go to Appearance > Widgets
- Select the Custom Meta widget and drag it to the desired Widget area.
- Change the Title if you want it to display something other than Meta. For example, Login or Site Tools.
- Uncheck the options you want to hide. Most of them are checked by default.
- Click Save
- View your website to see the new Meta login display.