Claire Trevor School of the Arts
University of California, Irvine
4004 Mesa Rd, Irvine, CA 92697 USA
MAPS, DIRECTIONS & PARKING
Visit the Campus Maps page for the best way to reach UCI and locate intended campus destinations, as well as nearby parking options. Transportation & Distribution Services offers information on parking rates and timely updates on sustainable commuting options.
The dress code for the conference is business casual.
CONFERENCE CHECK-IN AND BADGE PICKUP
Upon your arrival, please check in at the Conference Registration Desk, in the Arts Plaza to pick up your badge and other conference materials.
Yellow Cab Company (800) 535-2211
$2.95—First 1/4th mile*
$ .65—Each additional 1/4th mile or part*
Yellow Cab Company offers discounts for trips to the area airports. The discount is given by the driver off the meter rate. Tell your driver you read about the discount on the website.
You can also print the online exclusive saving coupon ahead of time to save on your fare.
John Wayne Airport: 10% off the meter rate
Long Beach Airport: 10% off the meter rate
Los Angeles Int’l Airport: 15% off the meter rate
All major rental car agencies are onsite at the Orange County Airport. Please note that hotel parking fees are NOT included in the room rate at the Wyndham Irvine.
AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICE
The following is a list of shuttle services. Reservations are recommended. Contact the individual carriers to inquire about the schedules, fares and special services offered at area airports.
|Super Shuttle||(800) Blue-Van (800-258-3826)|
|Prime Time Shuttle||(800) Red-Vans (800-733-8267)|
|The Airport Bus||(714) 938-8901|
|Best Airport Shuttle||(800) 606-7433|
|Karmel Shuttle Service||(888) 995-7433|
|L.A.Xpress Airport Shuttle||(310) 641-8000|
|Midnight Express Limousine/Van Services||(714) 496-6332|
Orange County stations are located in Fullerton, Santa Ana, Irvine, San Juan Capistrano and at Anaheim Stadium and the San Clemente Pier. Call or visit the website for information on trains, destination routes, vacation packages, promotions and ticket prices.
Metrolink provides rail services to Fullerton, Anaheim, Orange, Santa Ana, Irvine, San Juan Capistrano, San Clemente or Oceanside. Ticket prices vary depending on the number of fare zones traveled through.
(800) 371-LINK or (714) 808-5465
John Wayne (SNA)
Distance from conference location: 4.5 Miles
We recommend that you take a shuttle, taxi or rent your own car.
Long Beach Airport (LGB)
Distance from conference location: 25 miles
4100 Donald Douglas Dr.
Long Beach, CA 90808
Ontario Int’l Airport (ONT)
Distance from conference location: 48 Miles
Airport Dr. and Holt St.
Ontario, CA 91761
Los Angeles Int’l Airport (LAX)
Distance from conference location: 43 miles
World Way and Century Blvd.
Westchester, CA 90045
Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport
7941 Von Karman Ave, Irvine, CA 92614
Please note that hotel parking fees are NOT included in the room rate at the Wyndham Irvine.
ENTERTAINMENT & SHOPPING
• University Center
• Irvine Spectrum
• Fashion Island
• The Market Place
• South Coast Plaza
• The District
• Disneyland Resort
• Knott’s Berry Farm
- City of Irvine
- Destination Irvine
- City of Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Conference & Visitors Bureau
- City of Laguna Beach
- Laguna Beach Visitors & Conference Bureau
- City of Huntington Beach
- Huntington Beach Conference & Visitors Bureau
- City of Costa Mesa
- Costa Mesa Conference & Visitor Bureau
- City of Santa Ana (county seat)
- General information about Orange County
A DAY ON CAMPUS
ON CAMPUS WIFI
The UC Irvine Wi-Fi network is called UCInet Mobile Access. All computers must be registered with their MAC address and all use must comply with the UCI Computer and Network Use Policy. Use must be consistent with the educational mission of the University:
• no unauthorized access (e.g., sniffing, hacking, port scanning)
• no peer-to-peer applications
• no insecure equipment may be connected (e.g., unpatched systems)
• no downloading/sharing unauthorized copyrighted materials
• no excessive use of bandwidth (particularly off-campus)
• no interfering with normal network operations
• Note: this is not an exhaustive list; please be courteous
RESTRICTIONS ON VISITOR ACCESS:
• Visitor access to the UC Irvine network is granted for a 24 hour period.
• All ports are blocked except Web traffic (HTTP and HTTPS), Email (IMAP and authenticated SMTP) and SSH (port 22).
HOW TO GET ON-LINE:
• We have Visitor Wi-Fi available in all our rooms, and much of the outdoor area (outdoor signal strength may vary).
Get on-line using Express Registration:
• Make sure your wireless card is active and connect to UCInet Mobile Access.
• Open your Web browser and try to connect to any Web page (ex: http://uci.edu).
• You will be directed to the Express Registration web page.
• Click Register as a Visitor of UCI.
• Read the Visitor agreement and fill in the Web form with your name,
• Email address and reason for visiting the campus (Body of Knowledge).
• Click the Submit button.
Your computer’s hardware address will be automatically detected and registered for access to our mobile network. After 2 minutes you should be redirected to the Web page you were trying to access. If you cannot connect, try again in a few minutes. Your computer may take a few minutes to update its network settings. If you still cannot connect, try rebooting your computer.