Fall 2017 Transition Update • 10/2/2017
As part of the transition to Canvas, the following tools will be placed into a “read only” retired state at the end of Summer 2018. A “read only” retirement state means the tool will still be available to visit for past information, but will no longer update with new information or be available for taking new actions. We encourage faculty, staff, and students to begin transitioning away from these tools and share any feedback or unmet needs during this year-long period, before the tools enter this state
Tools entering “read only” retired state at the end of Summer 2018 are:
- MyEEE: Used to view class information, access course resources, and view other related UCI information. EEE+ GrandCentral will be enhanced to provide much of the functionality currently in MyEEE for all classes, whether or not they are using Canvas.
- MyEEE Tasks: Displays a subset of available tasks in EEE Legacy Quiz and other tools. Canvas provides equivalent functionality within course spaces and on the Dashboard.
- MyEEE Announcements: Allows instructors to distribute short announcements to classes. Canvas provides equivalent functionality within course spaces. The EEE Legacy Class Mailing Lists can also be used for this purpose.
- EEE Access UCI Rosters: Displays Access UCI enrollment in classes, and provides a link to the Registrar’s WebRoster tool. EEE+ GrandCentral will be enhanced to include this information for all classes, whether or not they are using Canvas.
Each of the above tools also has an in-tool announcement providing access to more information.
About the Transition to Canvas
UCI is in the midst of a multi-year transition from our homegrown learning management system, EEE, to an expanded ecosystem of educational technologies.
At the center of this transition is Canvas, a modern learning management system that includes a robust toolset, integration with campus authentication and data systems, plus opportunities connect to a variety of supplemental services developed here on campus or by third party providers.
Fall 2017 Canvas Usage
You can dive right in and use Canvas for a course in the current or next quarter, or you can try out a sandbox to learn more about Canvas first.
Learn how to use EEE+ Canvas:
Get started with EEE+ Canvas:
- Canvas Scheduler Workflow Enabled
- Turnitin downtime: Saturday, August 5th from 7am–1pm
- Spring 2017 Canvas user satisfaction survey results now available
- SpeedGrader update coming on June 23rd
- [RESOLVED] ePortfolios cannot be saved
- Canvas Updates, 6-3-2017
- EEE+ Updates, 5-16-2017
- Canvas Updates, 5-13-2017
- Congratulations to Dr. Brad Hughes, recipient of the 2017 Instructional Technology Innovation Award
- Custom warning added to EEE+ Canvas Gradebook