Winter 2018 Transition Update • 12/14/2017
As part of the transition to Canvas, the following tools will be placed into a “read only” retired state at the end of Summer 2018. A “read only” retirement state means the tool will still be available to visit for past information, but will no longer update with new information or be available for taking new actions. We encourage faculty, staff, and students to begin transitioning away from these tools and share any feedback or unmet needs during this year-long period, before the tools enter this state
Tools entering “read only” retired state at the end of Fall 2018 are:
- RoomFinder: Try the UCI map to find building locations around campus.
- Midterm Evaluations: self-activated evaluations will not be available on EEE after Fall 2018. Try our new EEE+ Evaluations tool, which offers greater flexibility for running your own evaluations.
- Note: Online, official evaluations will still be conducted via EEE.
- Quiz: Canvas’s quiz tool is robust, and a new version will be available in 2018. We have also built a tool to help export quizzes from EEE Legacy, to Canvas.
Previous transition updates
About the Transition to Canvas
UCI is in the midst of a multi-year transition from our homegrown learning management system, EEE, to an expanded ecosystem of educational technologies.
At the center of this transition is Canvas, a modern learning management system that includes a robust toolset, integration with campus authentication and data systems, plus opportunities connect to a variety of supplemental services developed here on campus or by third party providers.
Winter 2018 Canvas Usage
You can dive right in and use Canvas for a course in the current or next quarter, or you can try out a sandbox to learn more about Canvas first.
Learn how to use EEE+ Canvas:
Get started with EEE+ Canvas:
- Giving waitlisted students Canvas access
- UCI Canvas Updates: 11/18/2017
- Canvas Scheduler Workflow Enabled
- Fall 2017 Transition Update
- Turnitin downtime: Saturday, August 5th from 7am–1pm
- Spring 2017 Canvas user satisfaction survey results now available
- SpeedGrader update coming on June 23rd
- [RESOLVED] ePortfolios cannot be saved
- Canvas Updates, 6-3-2017
- EEE+ Updates, 5-16-2017