Clubs and Organizations
UCI hosts a variety of clubs and organizations that provide social events, educational support and professional preparation for Chicano Latino students. With over 600 clubs and organizations on campus, you’ll find it easy to meet students from all over the world who share your academic, cultural, and social interests.
A variety of opportunities are available for Chicano Latino students to connect and have a sense of family within the UCI community. Get ready to get involved, learn, enjoy new experiences and have fun as you take advantage of all the campus has to offer!
- Ballet Folklorico de UCI
- Brown Bag Theatre Company
- Central American Student Association (CASA)
- Chicanos/Latinos for Community Medicine (CCM)
- Chicano/Latino Graduate Student Collective
- Hermanas Unidas (HaU)
- DREAMS at UCI
- Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Incorporated
- Latina/o Student Psychology Association (LSPA)
- Latino Business Student Association (LBSA)
- Latino Medical Association (LMSA)
- Latino Pre-Law Society (LPLS)
- MAES: Latinos in Science and Engineering
- Mentors Empowering and Nurturing Through Education (MENTE)
- Mesa Unida
- Movimiento Estudiantil Chican@ de Aztlan (MEChA)
- Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity, Incorporated
- Pan-American Latino Society (PALS)
- Phi Lambda Rho Sorority
- SACNAS ( Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science)
- Sigma Delta Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated
- Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity, Incorporated
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Incorporated
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Valiant Empowered Latinas in Academia (VELA)
See all clubs and organizations at www.campusorgs.uci.edu.
Sports, Fitness & More
Health and fitness programs, recreation and physical fitness activities and an extensive list of club, intramural and competitive sports are a phenomenal part of the UCI experience.
Campus Recreation provides UCI students, faculty and staff with an opportunity to enhance their campus experience by developing and maintaining a physically active lifestyle through fitness and wellness, outdoor adventures, club sports, intramural and activity classes. These programs are offered at the Anteater Recreational Center (ARC), ARC fields and at other off-campus locations.
For more information please visit www.campusrec.uci.edu.
An NCAA Division I school, UCI is a member of the nine-school Big West Conference as well as the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation. UCI’s athletics program features 18 sports (nine men’s and nine women’s teams).
UCI teams have won 28 national titles in nine sports and 64 individual Anteaters have won national titles (53 have competed in the Olympics). More than 3,000 students have been honored as Big West Conference Scholar-Athletes in the 20 years. UCI has also had over 500 All-Americans. For more Information please visit: www.ucirvinesports.com.