|2018 – 2019 CRP Participant Application||Apply Here!|
|To view the application before you submit: View App. Here!
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Program Quick Facts:
- Program Dates: Winter 2019-Spring 2019
- Program Cost: $1,500 * paid in installments; payment plans & funding options available
- Required Overnight Retreat: Friday, January 18th – Sunday, 20th, 2019
- JanuaryTravel/Aboard Dates: Friday, March 22nd, 2019 – Sunday, March 31st, 2019
Participants/Staff Involved in Trip:
- 14 Student Participants
- 1 Student Coordinator assisting with program academics
- 1 Student Coordinator assisting with social media and outreach
- 1 staff member serving as the Program Coordinator
- 1 staff member serving as Program Director and Instructor
CRP WINTER TEAM RETREAT
Our CRP overnight retreat will be held January 18th-21th, 2019. The retreat is aimed to facilitate positive team development and introduce students to concepts on sustainability and cultural differences.
TRAVEL TO COSTA RICA
The program team travels to Costa Rica over Spring Break 2019. We plan to leave Friday, March 22nd and arrive back to UCI Sunday, March 31st. While in Costa Rica, we visit a rural farm town (Mastatal) and a coastal community (Hacienda Baru). Examples of in-country activities include: hiking through primary and secondary rainforests, visiting local family owned organic farms, learning about sustainable building design and construction, conducting community-centered service work, and much more! While in Costa Rica, students also collect data for their research program.
CRP ACADEMIC COMPONENT
- Program participants will enroll in a 2 unit winter quarter class to learn about sustainability, cultural diversity, and leadership. In winter quarter students will also prepare their research proposal/projects.
- After traveling to Costa Rica, student conclude their program experience with a spring quarter class (4 units) aimed to assist them with their transition back to UCI and to prepare their final research projects. During spring quarter, students also gain professional development, event planning, and outreach skills.
Questions? Contact the CRP Leadership Team!
Rachel Harvey, PhD. | Costa Rica Program Director | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kabria Allen-Ziaee | Costa Rica Program Coordinator | email@example.com
Connect with us on Facebook!