Faculty Mentor Program (FMP) **
DECADE Mentor Graduate Diversity Awards *
- The Graduate Division will provide annual funding to support graduate program diversity efforts. One-year grants of up to $30,000 each will be awarded to support activities that improve recruitment, climate, academic progress and career success for a diverse student population in Ph.D. or M.F.A. programs.
- Eligibility: This program is open to faculty members in any doctoral or M.F.A. program. The principal investigator must be a faculty member who has been designated as a DECADE mentor. In the past, students have written proposals supported by the faculty mentor.
- Permitted Use of Funds: Awards may be used only for graduate student support. Staff salaries, operations or other expenses, if needed, must be provided by another source (note: SoE has traditionally matched funds). We encourage plans that incorporate student perspectives/ input in evaluating the current environment for diversity in the program(s) and in developing innovative approaches for improvement.
Graduate Dean’s Dissertation Fellowship (GDDF) **
Differences between PDY and GDDF?
- Money: PDY pays $21,600 plus fees. GDDF pays up to $18,000 plus fees.
- Eligibility: PDY is a diversity fellowhip that has criteria similar to the Faculty Mentor Program.
- GDDF is a merit fellowship open to all students.
- You can apply to both but can only receive one.
*Typically announced in February
**Typically announced in March