One of WordPress’s features is being able to easily create custom menus with drop-down sub-menus. What if you want the top-level menu item to be a placeholder for the sub-menu items below, but not link to any other content? You can accomplish this using the Links menu type and the # symbol.
- Login in to your site.
- Go to Appearance > Menus
- Select Links from the menu options on the left.
- In the URL field, type #
- In the Link Text field, type the text you want the menu to display.
- Click Add to Menu
- Drag the new menu item to the desired location.
- Drag the sub-menu items underneath this placeholder menu.
- When you are done, click Save Menu