Google Analytics is a web analytics solution that gives you rich insights into your website traffic. Powerful, flexible and easy-to-use features let you see and analyze your traffic data.
Viewing Basic Analytics in Your Dashboard
We have Google Analytics installed on Sites. You can see basic reporting in your Dashboard.
- Page views represent the total number of pages that visitors looked at on your site.
- Visits represent the number of times the website was visited, without regard to repeat visitors.
- Unique Visitors represent the number of actual people that visited your site.
To view more detailed information, click the See All Stats button.
This will give you more information on your visitors including their country. The top content, searches and referrals are also available.
Advanced Google Analytics
If you need more details, you can also sign up for your own Google Analytics code and add it to your site. This will allow you to login to Google Analytics directly for more granular information.
Note: For Google Analytics to access your site it must be made public.
Step 1: Sign up for Google Analytics
- Go the Google Anayltics website.
- Login in with a Google account, or sign up for one if needed.
- If you have not used Google Analytics, the site will walk you through creating a new account.
- If you have used it before, follow the steps on Google’s Help Page.
- Make sure to note your Google Analytics tracking code. It will begin with “UA”.
Step 2: Add your Google Analytics Code to your Site
- Login to your site.
- Go to Settings > Google Analytics
- Paste in your Google Analytics code in the Site Tracking Code field.
- Click Save Changes
- Google Analytics will now start tracking your site.
Note: It takes at least 24 hours for you to start seeing any data.
Step 3: View your Google Analytics Data
Wait at least 24 hours after adding the GA code to view your statistics. According to Google, it takes this long for the information to start showing up.
- Login to Google Analytics
- Select your site to view reports.
Google has extensive Help information on their website to help you use Google Analytics. It is a robust program that gives you great insight into the people visiting your site. You may want to start with their Getting Started with Google Analytics.