YouTube Video Privacy Options

1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Help Center
  4.  → YouTube Video Privacy Options

If you want to add a video to your website or blog, we recommend using a service to host videos like YouTube or Vimeo. WordPress comes with a feature called auto-embeds which allows you to simply paste a link to a video hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or other supported hosting sites to embed the video on your site.

Can I upload my video directly to my site?

You can if the file size is small, but it is still not the best option. UCI Sites has a file upload limit of 50 MB. We cannot increase this limit. Also, WordPress is not a good hosting option for video due to bandwidth issues, video optimization, and storage. This article from WP Beginner explains why using WordPress to host videos is not a good idea. Services like YouTube are optimized to process videos. WordPress is not.

What about privacy? My video is for a class or event. I don’t want everyone on YouTube to see it or leave comments.

YouTube has settings to make your videos public, unlisted, or private. You can use your UCI Google account which even has the option to only allow those with UCI Google accounts to access your video.

What are video privacy settings on YouTube?

See this article from Google that shows how to change the privacy settings on YouTube.

Change YouTube video privacy settings.