The Office of Information Technology’s Academic Web Technologies (sometimes referred to as “The EEE Team”) manages a variety of academic technology services at UCI, including the EEE course management system.
EEE is UCI’s course management system, featuring a suite of tools to facilitate course communication, collaboration, and administration.
EEE Canvas is available as a complete learning management system for use at UCI. Instructors manage their EEE Canvas course spaces using EEE GrandCentral.
EEE Scout features an intuitive and flexible form creator, allowing users to create forms, securely gather responses, and collaboratively review responses.
EaterEvals, a student-requested project, provides faculty evaluation results for undergraduate courses. Instructors access results directly through EEE.
Academic Web Technologies provides a variety of other services in support of the educational technology offerings listed above, including:
- Department Evaluations (online official instructor final evaluations)
- Rapid Return (electronic exam/paper return)
- UCI Replay Publisher (podcast publisher)
- On-demand Training
- 24/7 support (in partnership with OIT Help Desk)
Academic Web Technologies is involved in a number of campus collaborations, including the EEE Collaboration (see below).
- LMS Workgroup, chaired by Briandy Walden (Associate Director, Student & Academic Services)
- UCI Canvas Pilot Project, managed by Kelsey Layos (Manager, Academic Web Technologies)
The team also generates a variety of reports, including quarterly usage reports for EEE, as well as assessment results for the UCI Canvas Pilot.
EEE is a collaborative effort that brings together five units from across the campus to help instructors and students use technology effectively for teaching and learning:
- Division of Teaching & Learning
- Division of Undergraduate Education
- UCI Libraries
- University Registrar
- Office of Information Technology