The Office of Information Technology’s Academic Web Technologies (sometimes referred to as “The EEE Team”) manages a variety of academic technology services at UCI, including EEE+ and the EEE Legacy course management system.
EEE Legacy is UCI’s legacy course management system, featuring a suite of tools to facilitate course communication, collaboration, and administration.
EEE+ Canvas is available as a complete learning management system for use at UCI. Instructors manage their EEE+ Canvas course spaces using EEE+ GrandCentral.
EEE+ Scout features an intuitive and flexible form creator, allowing users to create forms, securely gather responses, and collaboratively review responses.
EaterEvals, a student-requested project, provides faculty evaluation results for undergraduate courses. Instructors access results directly through the Evaluations tool on EEE Legacy.
Academic Web Technologies provides a variety of other services in support of the educational technology offerings listed above, including:
- Department Evaluations (online official instructor final evaluations)
- Rapid Return (electronic exam/paper return)
- UCI Replay Publisher (podcast publisher)
- On-demand Training
- 24/7 support (in partnership with OIT Help Desk)
Academic Web Technologies is involved in a number of campus collaborations, including the EEE Collaboration (see below).
- LMS Workgroup, chaired by Briandy Walden (Associate Director, Student & Academic Services)
- UCI Canvas Pilot Project, managed by Kelsey Layos (Manager, Academic Web Technologies)
The team also generates a variety of reports, including quarterly usage reports for EEE, as well as assessment results for the UCI Canvas Pilot.
EEE is a collaborative effort that brings together five units from across the campus to help instructors and students use technology effectively for teaching and learning:
- Division of Teaching & Learning
- Division of Undergraduate Education
- UCI Libraries
- University Registrar
- Office of Information Technology