Director Comey’s Testimony Essentially Clears Clinton

Director Comey’s testimony to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee reveals an amazing decrease in the seriousness of the secrecy violation by Secretary Clinton.  None of Clinton’s emails that she received was labeled secret or even classified in the header, where it was required.

Only three of her email receipts were marked as classified with the symbol (C), but it was only in the body of the message.  The correct procedure would have been to use classified in the header.  The (C) in the middle of the text meant that just that section was classified.

Clinton was supposed to have known that the other messages of the 110 were classified or secret or top secret, based on the nature of the message.

So when Secretary Clinton said that she did not handle classified emails, if she just looked at the headers, she would be totally accurate.

I know some people are very careful to look at their emails, and read each completely, and delete those that they do not need to keep.  I am not that way.  I only read an email if the header and sender tell me that the email might be important.  I only delete those that are clearly dangerous phishing.

As Rep. Lieu of California pointed out, every member of Congress receives a security clearance, and is allowed to keep their emails on a private email server.  He said it is hypocritical to be sitting in the Congress and criticizing Secretary Clinton for doing the same thing that congressmen do.

This entry was posted in Secrecy. Bookmark the permalink.