UC Irvine in US News and World Report 2018 Rankings

UC Irvine has scored a 9th (tie) ranking nationally among Public Universities in the 2018 US News & World Report rankings.  It is 42nd (tie) among National Universities.

UC Irvine has 27,331 undergraduates, and 32,754 total students.  Its in-state tuition and fees are $15,516, its out-of-state tuition and fees are $43,530, and room and board are $14,829.

It is tied for 16th in Best Colleges for Veterans, tied for 49th in High School Counselor Rankings, tied for 40th in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs, and #121 in Best Value Schools (but ranked much higher on this in other rankings).

I am only showing their publicly available rankings, and not revealing any of their paid for rankings, so as not to impinge on their copyright.

I will list their Graduate School Rankings, without indicating ties:

44 Best Business Schools; 42 Part-Time MBA

37 Best Engineering Schools

28 Best Law Schools

71 Best Medical Schools:  Primary Care

48 Best Medical Schools:  Research

82 Best Nursing Schools:  Masters

34 Biological Sciences

24 Chemistry; 12 Organic

29 Computer Sciences

34 Earth Sciences

47 Economics

17 English; 1 Literary Criticism and Theory

33 Fine Arts

34 History

41 Math

29 Physics

45 Political Science

36 Psychology

23 Sociology

In Graduate Physics Programs, I will just list California Universities: (adding the top 6, and ignoring all of the tie designations)

1 MIT

2 Cal Tech

2 Harvard

2 Princeton

2 Stanford

2 UC Berkeley

10 UC Santa Barbara

16 UC San Diego

18 UCLA

29 UC Davis

29 UC Irvine

39 UC Santa Cruz

54 UC Riverside

60 USC

About Dennis SILVERMAN

I am a retired Professor of Physics and Astronomy at U C Irvine. For two decades I have been active in learning about energy and the environment, and in reporting on those topics for a decade. For the last four years I have added science policy. Lately, I have been reporting on the Covid-19 pandemic of our times.
This entry was posted in UC Irvine, University Rankings. Bookmark the permalink.