External iPad Keyboard Extra Symbols

External iPad Keyboard Extra Symbols

There aren’t directions that come with the keyboard for extra symbols, so I am elaborating them here.  I thank a helpful lady at the Apple store for clueing me in on how to generate them.  The following was typed on Pages, and then copied and pasted into WordPress.  I also checked that I could have entered them from the keyboard directly into WordPress.

Alt-key with regular keypad keys:

`¡™£¢∞§¶•ªº–≠`

Œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπ“‘«

Åß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬…æ

Ω≈ç√∫˜µ≤≥÷

Shift-Alt-key with regular keypad keys:

`⁄€‹›fifl‡°·‚—±

Œ„´‰ˇÁ¨ˆØ∏”’»

ÅÍÎÏ˝ÓÔÒÚÆ

¸˛Ç◊ı˜Â¯˘¿

Hold down cmd key, and cmd option table appears.  Includes, bold, italic, underline.

Press the Language Globe on the top or bottom row. Cycles through keyboards. Greek, without and then with capitals:

;ςερτυθιοοπ[]\

:΅ΕΡΤΥΘΙΟΠ{}|

ασδφγηξκλ΄’

ΑΣΔΦΓΗΞΚΛ¨”

ζχψωβνμ,../

ΖΧΨΩΒΝΜ<>?

Language Globe, Scientific:  Doesn’t activate from keypad, as far as I can tell.

Press top or bottom row Keypad Picture to toggle on and off the on-screen keypad.  Then globe symbol cycles through to added scientific keypad app.  The SciKey app is free, but symbols not lit up to choose from when I tried it.  These may be ones that I chose from my old iPad: 

Pressing the normal number key, and cycling through, gives:

αȳγℏ⁺⁻μπστ

½÷×+−=√

¹²³⁴⁵⁶⁷⁸⁹⁰. Superscripts.

ΑΒΓΔΕΛΜΠΣΩ

⅔/*><≉∛

₁₂₃₄₅₆₇₈₉₀. Subscripts

abdijnrxyz

¾∫∞→±≈∜

This entry was posted in IPad Math Symbols. Bookmark the permalink.