From July 2, 2012
Creating Online Quizzes Using EEE
Because there has been more interest by faculty in the online evaluation and assessment of student engagement and learning from podcasts, clinical activities and lectures, we would like to introduce our clinical faculty to the Electronic Educational Environment (EEE). EEE is UCI’s proprietary course management system and offers many useful features such as surveys, evaluations, message boards, dropboxes and quizzing.
Today, we highlight the quizzing functionality:
- Quizzes in EEE are easy to create with different question types including short answer, long answer, multiple choice and multiple select.
- Images can be included for both questions and answer choices which is useful for including diagrams, medical imaging, etc. in your quizzes.
- Customized feedback can be created for correct and incorrect responses.
- Quizzes can be scheduled to open and close during a specific timeframe, for example, at a specific hour of a day, during a single day or for a week.
- Students can be given a time-limit for completion of the quiz once their session has started.
- Questions can be randomized for each student.
- Access to quizzes are secured by UCInetID.
- Grades can be recorded in a EEE gradebook for a clerkship course.
The minor limitation with the EEE system is that because it was designed for use by the main campus, the clerkship courses in EEE are aligned with quarters and not the actual rotation schedule. However, this can be managed by limiting quizzes to students assigned to a particular rotation block.
For more information on creating and administering quizzes in EEE, visit the EEE help page: https://eee.uci.edu/help/quiz/instructors/
(Note: You will need to login with your main campus UCInetID and password. This may be different from your HS account login/password.)
Contact Julie Youm at firstname.lastname@example.org for any instructional technologies questions/needs.