Event & Facilities Management (EFM)
EFM provides a variety of classroom support services to ensure that you and your students have an enjoyable experience in an environment that supports your teaching goals. The EFM staff will assist you with classroom setup, audiovisual setup and operation, signage, materials delivery, course evaluation administration, and other related on-site services. An Event & Facilities Management representative will be on site 30 minutes prior to the start of all class meetings if you need assistance with your classroom.
Event & Facilities Management
Room 106, University Extension Bldg. B
Monday – Thursday, 8am-10pm
Fridays and Saturdays, 8am-last class ends
If there is an on-site problem affecting the quality of the learning experience, such as room temperature problems, audiovisual malfunction, nearby disturbance, and the like, please go to any pay phone and call the Event & Facilities Management Hot Line at (949) 824-7132. This line will directly connect to the Event & Facilities Management shift supervisor who will resolve the problem.
Special Classroom Needs
To ensure that you have a facility adequate for your unique requirements please let your program representative know of any special classroom needs in the early planning stages for your course.
- If you need a computer laboratory for any portion of your class, please contact your program representative immediately.
- If the room or configuration at the first class meeting appears unsatisfactory, try to improvise for the first class.
- Explain to students that any problems will be addressed by the next class meeting and that they will be notified of any room changes prior to the next meeting. Signs will be posted at both the original and new room locations.
- Contact your program representative immediately to request a room change.
- Be prepared to describe your reasons and needs for a room change.
- Due to the limited classroom availability on the UC Irvine campus, there are no guarantees that a room change can be accommodated.
- Any problems with the classroom should be directed to your program representative or Event & Facilities Management staff.
- Ask students to make every effort to leave their classroom in good condition for subsequent use.