Class Projects

2014 – Snake Game – Intro to A.I.

The work in this project was done together with Shu Kong. The goal of the project was to determine which artificial intelligence algorithms perform better at the game Snake. We developed a python program that would try to beat the game by using one of the following algorithms: best first search, A* search, A* search with forward checking, random moves, and the almighty (zigzag) method. You can read more about it in the report here.

astartdeadend

2014 – Robotic Swarm – Cognitive Robotics

For this class, we created a swarm of LEGO Mindstorms robots. The smaller robots had a light and touch sensor and sought the areas with better lighting. They communicated with the mother robot through sound signals (beeps). The mother robot was provided of microphones and a sonic range finder and would follow the smaller robots towards better illuminated areas. You can learn more about by reading the report here or by watching the video below.

2009 – Chess Game – 3D Graphics

I created a video using Blender that shows the development of a chess game. I did not create the chess pieces, but I created the game watch, the board, and set up the scene, the lighting, and the music.

Bonus videos:

Some other videos I created while taking the class: