Welcome to the Spring Quarter STARs!!!
The last Proper Handling workshop is on April 18th. There is a RSVP link for the workshop. If you have yet to attend this required workshop we are asking for you to tell us if you are attending or not. Please RSVP by April 14th.
Listed below are the workshops for April.
- ANTPAC; April 7 (Friday); 2pm-3pm; Location: Langson Library 228
- Conflict Resolution; April 12 (Wednesday); 7pm-8pm; Location: Moss Cove A
- Time Management, Procrastination & Study Skills; April 17 (Monday); 7pm-8pm; Location: Moss Cove A
- Proper Handling and Storage of Library Material; April 18 (Tuesday); 11am-12pm; Location: Langson Library 229 RSVP
- Test Anxiety & Stress Management; April 18 (Tuesday); 7pm-8pm; Location: Moss Cove A
- MELVYL; April 24 (Monday); 11am-12pm; Location: Langson Library 228
- Communication/Assertiveness Training; April 24 (Monday); 7pm-8pm; Location: Moss Cove A
- Social Relationships; April 25 (Tuesday); 7pm-8pm; Location: Moss Cove B
April 4, 2017
Below is a list of the new electives that have been added to the Winter Quarter Schedule.
3D Printing (Basic Level) workshop; February 16 (Thursday); 12pm-1pm; Location: Ayala Science Library, MRC 164 (RSVP Link)
Bystander Intervention Training; February 22 (Wednesday); 9am to 11am; Location: Langson Library 570 ***2 hours long = 2 electives***
Intro to Video Production and Editing; February 22 (Wednesday); 12pm-1pm; Location: Ayala Science Library, MRC 160 (RSVP Link)
Intro to DSLR Shooting and Photoshop; March 1 (Wednesday); 12pm-1pm; Location: Ayala Science Library, MRC 160 (RSVP Link)
February 9, 2017
This week there are 3 workshops.
- Customer Service Training; February 7 (Tuesday); 3:00pm – 4:00pm; Location: Ayala Science Library 104
- Customer Service Training; February 8 (Wednesday); 4:00pm – 5:00pm; Location: Langson Library 570
- ANTPAC; February 9 (Thursday); 2pm-3pm; Location: Langson Library 228
The Customer Services Training and the ANTPAC Training are require Workshops for the program.
February 6, 2017
Hello STARs, We are now in week 3 of Winter Quarter. We want to remind you of a few things.
First thing : You are part of a team. If you have any questions, ask each other or any team leader. We are here to keep you on track with the program.
Mighty Morhpin Book Rangers!
Taylor Pierson, Edin Zecena, Gabriel Jair Martinez
Erick Alegria, Michelle Nguyen
Armando Garcia, Mei Deng
2 Hour Loan Period!
Jennifer Van, Liliana (Lily) Larios,
Second thing : Check the blog schedule regularly. We update often and with out notification. http://sites.uci.edu/librarystars/schedule-of-classes/
Third thing : If you do attend a workshop make sure you sign in and notify our team leader.
January 24, 2017
December 22, 2016
For the week of November 14th – 18th
Melvyl training: Tuesday, November 15 at 2pm in LL228
ANTPAC training: Thursday, November 17 at 2pm in LL228
November 9, 2016
This is a reminder that the first session of Proper Handling and Storage of Library Materials will be tomorrow (Friday, Nov. 4th) at 1:00pm in LL 570.
This is one of the required workshop for the program and will only be offered 1 time each quarter.
- Workshop: Proper Handling and Storage of Library Materials
- Date: Friday, Nov. 4th
- Time: 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Location: Langson Library 570
November 3, 2016
You attended your workshop — Now it’s time to get paid for it!
Please ask your Library STARs cohort leader if you have any questions.
- Step 2. Add the time you attended the workshop.
- Step 3. On the bottom left corner of your timesheet calendar, you will see a box labeled “Timesheet Comments.”
This is where you need to add a note detailing which workshops you attended. Follow this format.
Date – at Start Time to End Time, participated in Title of Workshop for Library STARs Program
Here is an example for the STARs Orientation:
10/21/16 – at 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm, participated in Library STARs Mandatory Orientation Session for Library STARs Program
- Step 4. Save your timesheet.
- Step 5. Submit to Supervisor (When timesheets are due)
Tagged: Timesheet October 21, 2016
Library STARs, class of 2015-16.
Congratulations to all Library STARs participants! We had ten UCI Libraries student assistants complete the workshop requirements this year! Here are some highlights from this year’s end of the year meeting:
“Congratulations!” Remarks by Lorelei Tanji, University Librarian.
So proud of our Library STARs!
Time for pizza!
Thank you all for working so hard throughout the year. We hope you picked up some valuable skills that will apply to your personal and professional growth! Congratulations!
Best wishes from your Library STARs cohort leaders: Carlton, Christine, Kelsey, Khiem, and Sherry
PS: If you haven’t yet, can you submit the Library STARs program survey? Thanks for helping us improve next year’s program!
June 3, 2016
As the close of this program soon approaches, we invite you to take a survey on the Library STARs Program. We are aware some STARs are unfortunately unable to complete the program but we are still interested everyone’s thoughts, experiences and opinions.
This survey is anonymous. If you are planning to complete the Library STARs Program this year, please fill out this survey by 5 pm, Thursday, May 19, 2016.
Please follow this link for the survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rPYtdOrYjiovBEkcpWpdIclGER2eH74f-0zWeMPBqw0/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link
For updates, please check out the Library STARs Blog: http://sites.uci.edu/librarystars
Thank you for your time and valuable insight,
The UCI Library STARs Team 2015-2016: Kelsey Brown, Christine Kim, Sherry Mendoza, Khiem Nguyen, Carlton Yee
May 18, 2016