Imagine – Design — Create – Solve
The Girls Maker Academy workshops will provide girls, in grades 6th through 8th, private instruction on how designers, artists, entrepreneurs and engineers create products, art, and inventions.
Learn to use computer-aided design software to design in 2D and 3D, cut and etch designs with high-powered laser cutters, print 3D designs with state-of-the art printers, and explore how basic electronic components, programmable devices and industrial sewing machines can be combined to design clothing, products, and even artwork.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
• Get hands-on experience designing in 2D and 3D
• Compare how traditional low-tech and high-tech tools work
• Design and create your own projects using fabrication equipment
• Learn the process of moving from concept to design, and then into developing a prototype
• Connect technology and process to larger real-world problems
• Get ideas for new creative hobbies and entrepreneurial pursuits
• Learn about who uses this equipment in their careers
• Take great Instagram selfies doing something different
• Discover ways to continue to be a maker even after you go home
Saturday, March 7, 2015
Saturday, April 18, 2015
Saturday, May 16, 2015