Weekly Yoga in the Park for Staff and Faculty!

Written by Zabie Khorakiwala

It’s 3:00 p.m. The day is almost through.

You realize you’ve been plugging away at the computer all day long with no glimpse of sunshine. You probably didn’t take a break and definitely weren’t thinking about the snacks you were having throughout the day. 

You need a break.
Time to re-energize!

Staff wellness is so important especially as we think of how it may impact our ability to serve the needs of the students we work with on a daily basis. This is why I created a free weekly yoga class in the park for faculty and staff.

Yoga allows us to consistently cultivate gratitude towards our own body – which is something we often neglect in the craziness of life. We’re always thinking about giving to others and we consciously choose to prioritize our own needs last.

In November 2011, I became a certified yoga instructor through Core Power Yoga because of my passion for the practice and its ability to heal the mind, body, and spirit.

Yoga in the Park is a way for faculty and staff on campus to take one hour out of their day every Friday to actually take their lunch break and give back to themselves; to take an hour to be present, breathe, and de-stress.

I hope you’ll consider joining us for this beginner’s level yoga class.

Meets every Friday12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
on the lawn behind the Career Center
(diagonal to the Dr. White Room of the Cross Cultural Center)

First-time attendees just need to sign a waiver and bring their own yoga mat*
*If you don’t have a yoga mat and need one, let me know by the Thursday prior to the class

For anyone who would like to be added to the yoga list for updates and inspirational weekly quotes, please e-mail me at zkhoraki@uci.edu.