Beginning 2017-2018, Resident Advisors will be permitted to hold an on-campus job in addition to this position. It is agreed that the RA job is the primary job and takes precedence over other employment or organizational involvement during the term of this agreement.
Resident Advisors serve as leaders, resources, and role-models in Student Housing. The primary role of a Resident Advisor is to help shape an environment that is safe, inclusive, and conducive to personal and academic success. To achieve this, RAs serve on after-hours duty rotation, mediate conflict, implement creative programs, refer resources, build community, and get to know residents on an individual level. All Student Housing student leaders participate in Fall training (beginning late August through move-in) to help equip staff with the skills and knowledge to be successful in this role.
For more information, please review the RA Job Description by clicking HERE.
Attend an Information Session
During each information session, we will discuss the expectations for the various RA positions, talk about each undergraduate housing community, outline the application process, and answer questions from participants.
We encourage you to talk to current RAs and professional Student Housing staff in each community to get more information; however, if you are unable to attend, here is a copy of the presentation.
|Monday, November 28, 2016||7:30 pm||Middle Earth: Bucklebury Library|
|Tuesday, November 29, 2016||6:00 pm||Campus Village: Atlantis Lounge|
|Tuesday, November 29, 2016||7:30 pm||Mesa Court: Community Center Multipurpose Room|
|Wednesday, November 30, 2016||7:30 pm||Arroyo Vista: Community Center Recreation Room|
|Tuesday, January 10, 2017||6:00 pm||Campus Village: Atlantis Lounge|
|Tuesday, January 10, 2017||7:30 pm||Middle Earth: Bucklebury Library|
|Wednesday, January 11, 2017||8:00 pm||Mesa Court: Community Center Multipurpose Room|
|Thursday, January 12, 2017||7:30 pm||Arroyo Vista: Community Center Recreation Room|
Application Process Overview
- Application goes live on November 28, 2016.
- Complete the online application in its entirety by 11:59 p.m. on January 16, 2017. You must use your UCI gmail account to login.
- Submit optional recommendations no later than 11:59pm on January 16, 2017 by providing your references the following link: http://tinyurl.com/UCI-RA-LoR.
- Applicants will receive interview/no-interview letters by Friday, February 3, 2017
- Interviews will take place between February 13 – February 26, 2017.
- For candidates who receive an interview, they will receive hire/no-hire letters via email on Friday, March 17, 2017.
- Submit your RA Acceptance Form by noon on Friday, March 24, 2017.