Busy Week…

2 Midterms and a paper this week :(, needless to say I was exhausted and had a thoroughly restful and good weekend!

Recap:

I lost the charity poker game by the eventual winner :(.  I was doing pretty well but the blinds started increasing to about 1/20th of the original stack and i pushed in with my pocket 9′s against an a/j suited.  Still a little sad my luck gave him a jack but oh well. The tournament was hosted by Mesa Court and the prizes were a $75, $50, and $25 gift card to the bookstore, respectively, to the winners.

Midterms were pretty good.  Not amazing, but not bad at all. I don’t think I’ve had so many all-nighters in a week yet.  Caffeine is wooonderful!

I missed the Circle K meeting this week because I was busy with midterms but I went to Think Together again this week.  I helped grade a few of the papers that the kids were doing and I came to the realization that not all schools are the same.  I was pretty surprised at the overall scores that these kids were getting in some basic algebra problems.  The class had a literal curve which averaged around 60% and this was 7th grade.  It wasn’t really the scores that surprised me, but more the lack of effort that some of the kids put into their test.

I’m hoping to look into an Education minor or some sort of path towards teaching right now and it’s something that really bothers me about teaching.  Why is it that people seem to have no motivation to do well sometimes?  The school has a 98% average daily attendance and is in an average middle-class area, so why isn’t it doing better?  Questions like these really make me want to become something of a school administrator, and I’m really starting to learn a lot from this community service.

The upcoming week is hopefully one where I can get my feet back on the path and catch up on researching for writing.  Hopefully, everyone has gotten their acceptances and submitted their SIRs so congratulations :).

Feel free to leave a comment!  If you have any questions about the appeals process feel free to let me know since it’s something I know fairly well.

Take a look at this picture.  Notice anything?  The Lakers are too smiley, put your game faces on please! 110-89??? REALLY?  That’s not championship caliber in my opinion… I mean, look at how serious Nenad Krstic compared to Bynum.  Lakers talk anyone?

2 Responses to “Busy Week…”

• Melissa says:

Hi! My name is Melissa. I was a blogger last year! I was one of the fist zotbloggers! It’s really nice to look back and see the students who are on the path I was in last year. I hope your first year was an amazing experience!

• Jean says:

Goodluck on midterms and whatnot Anthony :] you’re the coolest blogger lol…umm i love u but lakers are goin down :\ sorry! sookayybye!