Nigerian Student Coalition Conference

This weekend I attended a conference at UCR called NSCC( Nigerian Student Coalition Conference) . Every year for the past three years a UC has held this conference in efforts to create a stronger network of Nigerian students on different campus’. The conferenceIMG_8526-1 also gives students an opportunity to not only network amongst themselves, but amongst renowned individuals within the community.

In attendance was students from : UCLA, UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, UC Santa Barbara, UC Riverside, UC Merced, Cal Poly, and Cal State Fullerton. In total there was near 100 people at the conference.

From Friday to Sunday we attended workshops pertaining to cultural subjects as well as workshops focused around the individual. Personally I took away quite a few new ideas and have widened my network of other Nigerian students.

It is not everyday that you get to surround yourself with others who identify with you and can relate to your ups and downs. Although it is extremely important to diversify yourself, I believe that it is also important to maintain your culture, whatever it may be.

zotfingers -Nicole

2 Responses to “Nigerian Student Coalition Conference”

• noparaug says:

Hi Beverly! So nice to hear from you! I dont recall any events that took place over the summer, but I can definitely ask around and double check for you. It’s hard because all of the events are student organized and a lot either go home, work, or take summer classes. However there will definitely be events happenning on campus during week 0.(the first week of school) So look out for those! Cant wait to meet you! 🙂

• beverly aisuan says:

hi my is beverly aisuan and i attend rialto high school i hope to attend the univeristy of california irvine right after high school my question is every nigerian student what summer activity did you do get invited to univeristy of california irivne .