Thank you for expressing interest in donating to the Viet Stories: Vietnamese American Oral History Project! Although Viet Stories is housed on the UCI campus, we are a self-funding project that relies on generous private donations like yours to continue the important and urgent work that we do. The efforts of collecting, processing, and digitizing our stories and histories to preserve for future generations and to make it free and open to the public is costly. We need your financial support to cover transcription and translation services, free workshops and curriculum development for K-12 and college students and teachers, and to remember and honor our sacrifices and survival stories.
100% of your tax-deductible contributions go directly to collect our stories and educate the public about our histories. This non-profit project relies on private and community donations and if we create a $2.3 million endowment, we can sustain this project in perpetuity, operating on an annual budget of $100,000. With your help at any giving level, we can reach our goal!
If you would like to be part of this legacy, you can donate in one of three ways:
1. Direct Donation (Wells Fargo Foundation will match up to $50,000!)
2. Purchase Merchandise
3. Create an Endowment
You can QUADRUPLE your gift:
1) check if your company matches donations on this link (then follow up with your company for instructions). Remember, $2,000 can turn into $8,000 with your company’s match + Well Fargo’s match.
2) make your donations to Viet Stories following instructions below.
Donate Directly to the Project
All donations are handled through the UC Irvine School of Humanities and are all tax-deductible through the UCI Foundation.
The UCI Foundation is the overall 501(c)(3) non-profit entity representing the entirety of the University of California, Irvine. While the foundation helps us by processing donations (and empowering you to claim a tax-deductible donation), Viet Stories is responsible for raising all its own funds to continue our mission of preserving the Vietnamese American story and educating students and community members in Orange County and beyond.
You can donate ONLINE or write a CHECK:
To donate ONLINE, please visit the UCI donation page and ensure that your donation goes to Viet Stories by following these directions:
- Click on the ‘Search’ option in the aside that says “Locate giving options”
Vietnamese. You should see the ‘Designation’, Viet Stories: Vietnamese American Oral History Project at UCI, which is under the Humanities ‘Area’ (fig. 2)
- Click on Viet Stories: Vietnamese American Oral History Project at UCI, which should automatically fill out ‘Area of Support’ with HUMANITIES – School of Humanities and ‘Gift Designation’ with Viet Stories: Vietnamese American Oral History Project at UCI (fig. 3)
- Proceed to complete the rest of the donation form.
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO “UC REGENTS,” AND IN THE MEMO LINE WRITE “Viet Stories.”
Send checks to:
Viet Stories: Vietnamese American Oral History Project
3000 Humanities Gateway
Irvine, CA 92697-9655
Create an Endowment
Viet Stories’ goal is to create a $2.3 million endowment that will serve as a dedicated and permanent source of funding to maintain the mission of the project.
If you are interested in contributing to this fund, please contact:
Dr. Linda Trinh Vo
Viet Stories Director