DO NOT ATTEMPT UNTIL PROPERLY TRAINED!!!!!!!!
- Only trained and authorized gardeners can use the shredder.
- Contact the garden council to get the training.
- Check gas level (unscrew gas cap and look inside). Add gas only if needed
- Do Not use mixed gas. There is staight gas and gas mixed with oil for the weed wackers. The shredder takes straight gas.
- Check oil level. Can you see oil? Good!
- Check air filter. Clean regularly. Shredding is a dirty job!
- Look in the hopper and make sure it is clear.
- Gloves, tools, and various items often fall into the shredder when people set thing on top of it in the shed.
- Check grate at bottom for mud and large pieces that may be stuck.
- Insert grate pin if needed
- AT THIS POINT YOU MUST PUT ON EYE AND EAR PROTECTION. NO EXCUSES.
- Gas “on”.
- Throttle at full
- Choke on.
- YOU HAVE ON EYE AND EAR PROTECTION, RIGHT?
- Pull the starting cord. Hard. Try again, you can do it!
- never put hand in hopper!
- use stick or wooden board to push materials down into grinder
- check screen/grate at bottom and clear away shredded material as necessary
- if machine bogs down check to make sure blades are moving/spinning — if blades are not moving, the machine is jammed and you need to shut off motor immediately and clear the materials causing the jam
- if materials get stuck in bottom grate you may need to remove pin to clear the materials and then reinsert pin