All apartments include a stove, refrigerator, carpeting, blinds and smoke detectors. Written permission from the Verano Place Office must be obtained before major appliances (such as air conditioners, pianos, organs, or water-filled furnishings), are moved into the apartment. Dishwashers, washing machines, clothes dryers, burglar alarms and 2nd refrigerators are not allowed. Please contact the Verano Housing Office at 824-5964 for more information. Personal Washing machines, dishwashers, additional refrigerators are not allowed!
Each apartment is wired for Ethernet. There is a direct line to the campus network in both bedrooms and in the living room.
Each apartment is wired for cable service at no additional cost to the resident. Over 70 channels are available with an option for residents to subscribe to HBO. For more information and a channel listing, contact the Office of Residential Network Services at (949) 824-6375, or visit their Web site at http://resnet.uci.edu/.
Several laundry facilities with washers and dryers are located throughout the Verano community. Front door keys open all laundry rooms in Verano Place.
All washers and dryers can be used with all credit/debit cards with a Visa or MasterCard logo. The system pre-authorizes your credit/debit card for $10.00 worth of laundry. The $10.00 is placed on “hold” for up to 2 hours. All transactions done during the 2 hour time frame will be added up. After the 2 hours expire, the $10.00 “hold” will be released and you will be charged the exact amount you spent during the 2 hour time frame. Note: While the WaveRider system only places a 2 hour hold on the $10.00, the bank that issued your credit/debit card may place an extended hold on the $10.00 for up to 72 hours. In most cases the funds will settle within 24 hours, but can take up to 72 hours. If the $10.00 is still showing as “pending” on your statement, please wait 72 hours for the transaction to settle.
The washers and dryers are provided and maintained by a private company, WASH Services. If you encounter a machine that is not working, please display an “out of order” sign on the machine and report the problem and the machine number to the Verano Housing Office. Out of order signs are available in each laundry room. Inform the Housing Office of any money you might have lost in a broken machine for reimbursement purposes.
Remember to make sure the laundry room door closes completely when you leave. The laundry rooms are for the exclusive use of Verano residents, so do not prop the doors open. If your laundry room is in need of cleaning, report it to the Verano Housing Office at 824-5964 between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., M – F. Industrial washers and dryers for large items are located in laundry rooms 5, 8 & 12. Your front door key will unlock all laundry rooms located within the Verano Place housing community.
Periodically, the Verano Housing Office receives reports of theft of laundry. Unfortunately, the only way to prevent theft is to stay in the laundry room while you are cleaning your
clothes and to promptly remove your clothes once the cycle is complete.
Until 2014, washers and dryers required a WASH laundry card. If you still have a laundry card with a balance on it, you can mail the card to WEB services for a full refund. Their address is:
WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems
Attn: Card Refund Processing
18410 S. Broadwick Street
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90220-9831
Include the following information along with the card: Complex Name, Your Name, Address, Unit #, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, Estimated Value on Card, and Reason for Returning Card.
Verano Place uses an electronic parking permit system for enforcement of resident and visitor parking. At move-in each contract holder is given an individual on-line account with Transportation and Distribution Services (T&DS) in order to manage their resident and visitor parking permits. Initial activation of the account is required in order to obtain and use either resident or visitor permits. Go to the following site to log-in to your account: https://www.parking.uci.edu/permitless/login.cfm
- Parking permission will be given only to vehicles that are registered to you or a person listed on your rental agreement, or an approved sublease. (In case of a sublease, you would have to already have a parking permission and you would have to replace your license plate number with the number of the license plate for the sublease—you are not allotted more spaces). If you do not already have a parking permission, you will NOT be given one for a sublease. If you have been given long term use of a vehicle that is not registered to you or someone on your rental agreement, the owner may add your name to the registration by following the DMV procedures for the state in which the vehicle is registered.
- A maximum of two vehicles per resident account will be given to a contract holder in a family-designated apartment. For single student apartments, a maximum of one vehicle will be allowed per account. Motorcycles do not need to be registered; however they must park in the area designated for motorcycles.
- To activate your on-line T&DS account, an email will be sent to the email address on file with a link to the system. In order to activate the account you must accept the terms and conditions, enter the license plate number and verify all required information. You also need to submit a copy of the DMV registration for each vehicle listed on the account to the Verano Place Housing Office. Verano Housing will contact residents for additional information if necessary.
- If you change vehicles, immediately update the information in your parking account. If it is a permanent/long-term vehicle change, a copy of the DMV registration for that vehicle must be provided to the Verano Place Office within 4 weeks or the account will be deactivated. If submission of DMV documentation will take longer than 4 weeks, immediately contact the Verano Place Housing Office to make arrangements.
- Verano Residents are allotted 432 hours of visitor parking permissions each quarter. At the end of each quarter you lose any hours you have remaining and 432 hours are added to your account. The new hours are added on the following dates: January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1.
- Visitor parking is valid ONLY in spaces marked “VISITOR”. Visitor spots can be found in Verano parking lots 20, 23, 23, 31, 34, and along the one way street Verano Road.
- To give your visitor parking permission, log into your parking account athttps://www.parking.uci.edu/permitless/login.cfm?complex=Verano and add the license plate number of the visitor’s vehicle number for the date(s) and hour(s) required.
- Permits may be assigned in advance, but may only be changed before the assigned date is reached.
If you are planning a special event, meeting, or function, you can reserve one of three Verano recreation rooms. Two of the three facilities have kitchens, tables, and chairs for your use. These two locations are:
- Old Recreation Center: 3300 Verano Place
- Verano Commons: 6529 Adobe Circle
The additional recreation room can be used for smaller gatherings and does not have a kitchen. This location is:
- Verano Lounge: 67111 Adobe Circle
For more information, call the Verano Housing Office at 824-5964.
Community Barbecues and Picnic Tables
Located by the Old Rec Center at 3300 Verano Rd, behind the Verano Housing Office and in the Unit 7 Courtyards, gas BBQ’s and picnic tables are available on a first come, first served basis. If you use these amenities, please clean up after yourself and dispose of any garbage in the nearest dumpster.
Playgrounds for children are located throughout the community. In addition, there are several large grassy areas ideal for outdoor play. A half-size basketball court is located outside the Commons Community Center.
Trash should be emptied into dumpsters located outside each complex. The trash for units 100–6100 is picked up Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Trash for units 6200–6526 is picked up every day but Sunday. All trash should be put into the
dumpster, not placed outside or around it.
Items that do not fit into the dumpster (e.g., furniture) need to be disposed of in another manner. Do not put computers, monitors, televisions or other electronic equipment in the dumpsters. These items are considered unacceptable waste and Verano gets charged each time these items are found in the dumpsters. You can dispose of electronic equipment in a bin in Laundry Room 6, next to the Verano Cyber Café.
Or, you can do one of the following to dispose of unwanted, heavier items:
Irvine Regional Collection Center
6411 Oak Canyon, Irvine
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
6411 Oak Canyon, Irvine
There are numerous recycling sites located throughout Verano. Items to be recycled (such as newspapers, glass, cans, plastics or corrugated cardboard) can be placed in the bins. UCI Facilities Management staff empty the bins on a weekly basis. Recycle electronic equipment in Laundry Room 6 next to the Verano Cyber Café. White bond paper may be recycled in the Cyber Cafe or at several other locations on campus.
For Orange County recycling see http://oclandfills.com/.