Rental Agreements


Rent is due on the first of every month and is delinquent after the tenth. After the payment deadline, you will be assessed a $10 late fine.

Rent Deferments 

If you are unable to make your rent payments, you can call (949) 824-3333 or email and request a rent deferment at no additional charge or penalty.

Rental Agreement

Please read your rental agreement carefully; you are legally responsible for all terms and conditions contained therein. Payments for rent are to be made online through your ZOT Account, which can be accessed at, or in person to the Central Cashier in Aldrich Hall. Checks should be made payable to UC Regents. Your rent payment is due on the first (1st) of each month, and if paid after the tenth (10th) of the month, you will be charged a late fee.

Residents on month-to-month contracts are required to submit a written 45-day Notice of Intent to Vacate form prior to moving out. Forms are available in the VP Housing office.  Your rental obligation terminates 45 days after you submit your written notice. Residents who are on a lease agreement may submit an Early Lease Termination Request at any time. Residents are responsible to pay for any damages to the apartment, its fixtures and appliances. Fees for repair or replacement of fixtures, appliance parts, floors, carpets, walls, etc., will be assessed upon move-out and deducted from the $150.00 security deposit. If charges exceed the amount of deposit, resident(s) will be billed for the difference. The security deposit will be refunded and mailed to the forwarding address indicated on the closeout paperwork within 21 days.

The University may cancel your contract if you fail to make payments on time, or if you violate University regulations set forth in the Rental Agreement.

Entry of Premises by the University

As stated in your rental agreement, the University staff has the right to enter your apartment for the following reasons:

  • In case of an emergency.
  • To make any necessary or agreed upon repairs, alterations or improvements, inspections, supply necessary or agreed services or exhibit the premises to prospective or actual purchasers, mortgagees, residents, workmen, or contractors.
  • After Resident(s) have abandoned or surrendered the premises.
  • Pursuant to a Court Order.