Please see the job description below.
Applications are due Monday, May 1st at 8:30 a.m. If your application is selected for the interview process, you will be invited to participate in a 30-minute individual interview.
Applications should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Verano Wellness Center and Zot Spot will offer classes and wellness resources for the Graduate and Family Housing Community. The Zot Spot will serve as a walk up service counter selling drinks, snacks and other offerings. These new community resources will be located next to Laundry Room 6 just off of parking lot #24.
Under direction of the Manager of Community Programming, the Wellness Center Manager is responsible for managing the Wellness Center and adjacent Zot Spot. This position is paid by stipend and averages 10 hours per week. STIPEND is $250.81 biweekly.
Friendly, helpful, mature personality, some computer knowledge. Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions. Experience in programming and/ or food service and supervising personnel preferred.
• Zot Spot Shift: Manager is required to work at least 1 shift at the Zot Spot per week. The duties listed below can be conducted during this shift if time allows. This assignment includes providing service to customers, selling snacks, and other available items.
• Staff Supervisor: Manager is responsible for hiring, training, supervising, evaluating and terminating staff.
• Maintaining Schedule: Manager is responsible for planning work schedule of employees to assure that Zot Spot is staffed during open hours.
• Coordinating Wellness Center Classes:
o Manager is responsible for scheduling and securing instructors for classes and workshops.
o Manager is responsible for promoting and managing class/workshop sign ups.
o Manager must attend the first session of classes or have a Zot Spot Staff Member attend in their place.
• Ordering Supplies: Manager orders all supplies as needed, such as snacks, beverages, ice cream, paper, etc.
• Advertising and Promotion: Manager is responsible for actively promoting the services offered at both the Zot Spot and the Wellness Center. Submitting weekly ads to social media, as well as the creation of flyers and/ or other media.
• Equipment Management: Manager is responsible for checking equipment on a regular basis and contacting appropriate maintenance vendors when need.
• Facility Management: Manager is responsible for assuring cleanliness and maintenance of facility. Manager is also responsible for contacting Verano Housing Maintenance when needed.
• Programming Team Member- Manager is required to attend the first 30 minutes of bi-weekly HA meetings as well as attend and assist at community programs as requested by supervisor such as pancake breakfasts, welcome day and other planned programs throughout the year.
• Supervision: Manager is required to attend weekly supervision meetings with the Manager of Community Programming. Quarterly Staff meetings with all Zot Spot Staff is also required.
• Support and Implement Policies and Procedures: Manager enforces policies and procedures of Verano Housing Office and Verano Zot Spot and Wellness Center.
In order to be considered for and maintain the Wellness Center Manager position, the candidate
• Must be eligible to work in the State of California.
• Must have approval from the Academy to work approximately 10 hours per week if applicable.
• Must have the ability to work independently, take initiative, and be proactive.
• Must work well within a team, demonstrate flexibility, communicate effectively, and show follow-through and attention to detail.
• Must possess strong administrative, organizational, and time management skills.
• Must possess good decision-making skills.
Preference will be given to candidates who are able to demonstrate the following skills:
• Have experience leading a group of peers.
• Have excellent customer service experience/skills.
• Have experience working in a community or public facility.
• Have experience organizing large-scale events and/or programs.
• Have acquired conflict-mediation skills.