This page is updated Week 4 of each regular academic year quarter to include Canvas usage data, per the definitions and explanations below. Usage stats are provided from the final quarter of the UCI Canvas Pilot (Winter 2016) going forward.
This chart visualizes the information in the "Data" section below.
- Instructors: Calculated by dividing the number of unique Instructors of Record for all course codes in the Schedule of Classes by the number of unique instructors associated to a course space in Canvas for the given term.
- Students: Calculated by dividing the number of unique students enrolled in all course codes in the Schedule of Classes by the number of unique students associated to a course space in Canvas for the given term.
Canvas Usage Data
|Instructors||Students||# Teachers||# Students||# Sections|
out of 2,987
out of 33,287
out of 3,083
out of 34,404
out of 2,964
out of 35,538
out of 2,745
out of 30,774
out of 2,870
out of 31,942
out of 2,903
out of 32,896
out of 2,762
out of 29,041
out of 2,794
out of 30,112
Canvas Usage Data Sources
Canvas usage stats are derived from three different sources:
- EEE+ CanvasCounts, a home-grown tool that pulls data from Canvas to calculate the number of unique teachers, students, and sections associated to course spaces in the given term.
- After ~3rd week, this tool is updated to exclude both unused and unpublished course spaces via a report run within the Admin area in Canvas itself
- EEE Legacy Stats, a home-grown legacy tool that pulls data from EEE Legacy (via our Registrar data feed) to calculate the number of Instructors of Record, students, and sections in the given term.
- This data fluctuates throughout the term as TAs are added and removed from classes and other changes are made to student enrollment, instructor associations, and sections.