What does UCI Canvas include?
When you use UCI Canvas, you can expect:
- Automatic links from students’ MyEEE pages to Canvas
- Automatic updates to match Registrar enrollment
- Integration with Turnitin.com, UCI Google Apps for Education, iClicker, YuJa, and WW Norton
- Direct final grades transfer option from Canvas to the Registrar’s WebGrades
- Support from the on-campus EEE Team
Sounds good – how do I get started?
Jump right into our guide to getting started with Canvas.
Can I get help using Canvas?
- EEE user’s guide to Canvas
This guide will help you do the same things in Canvas that you did in EEE.
- UCI Canvas training guide for instructors
- One-on-one consultation: The friendly and skilled staff in the Division of Teaching Excellence and Innovation (DTEI) are available for one-on-one consultations to help with your transition to Canvas. Instructors who use EasyWebsites will especially want to take advantage of this. To learn more and schedule a consultation with a DTEI staff member, please visit http://dtei.uci.edu/digitallearning/support-consultation/ or email DTEIsupport@uci.edu.
- Try Canvas out with your own, private instructor sandbox
NEW: Sandboxes can now include collaborators! You can use a sandbox to try things out or even prepare your course content (you can copy it over to your real course space later). Learn more: https://help.eee.uci.edu/canvas/sandboxes/
You can also contact us for help any time: just email email@example.com or call the OIT Help Desk at (949) 824-2222.
Can I use Canvas for an academic program that doesn’t have a course listing with the Registrar?
We are able to offer custom course spaces for eligible programs.
What about my self-supporting program?
A separate service agreement and funding model is applicable to certain graduate-level programs, including those that are self-supporting. To learn more, review the EEE Web Application Service Description