The Scholarship Opportunities Program (SOP) is happy to announce that are are TWO job openings for the Student Advisor position. Student Advisors regularly advise potential scholarship candidates, organize, promote, and speak at outreach events, and perform administrative duties as assigned by the Director. Students in this position will also receive training in 5 career competencies – professionalism, communication, teamwork, technology, and intercultural fluency – as these will be useful for internships and future careers.
This paid, one-year position (including summer) requires 10 hours/week, 10 weeks/quarter. Paid training starts in Week 9 of Winter Quarter 2019. To be eligible, you must be an enrolled UCI undergraduate during the 2018-19 academic year. The SOP Student Advisor regularly advises scholarship candidates; organizes, promotes, and speaks at workshops; produces publicity materials; updates and organizes scholarship and applicant information; and performs some administrative duties. This position requires attention to detail, management of multiple projects and deadlines, creativity, initiative, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in an office setting.
– Valuable advising and public speaking experience
– Professional career-building skills, including gaining insights about planning your future, preparing your resume, and interviewing
– Peer interaction with top UCI students
– First exposure to scholarship details
– Access to SOP tools and resources for preparing competitive applications
– Experience shaping the scope of scholarship advising and support for diverse student populations on campus
– Effective time and project management skills
– Teamwork and effective interpersonal and organizational communication skills
Please submit your completed application by Friday, February 1st, 2019 by NOON by completing the EEE Scout form.
If you have any questions, please email Darren De Leon at firstname.lastname@example.org.