You may be eligible to apply for the SAGE (Student Achievement Guided by Experience) Scholars Program if you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- First-year transfer students, sophomores, and juniors of all majors
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (transfer students may use their community college GPAs)
- Qualify for financial aid through UCI and have significant financial need as determined by the UCI Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (students with a parent and/or student contribution of $10,000 or less)
The SAGE Scholars Program provides UCI students with paid internships at prominent Orange County businesses and non-profit organizations. In addition, SAGE Scholars receive a scholarship award of up to $6,000 through the UCI Financial Aid Office.
Some of the current internship placements include Advanced Medical Optics, Conexant, Edwards Lifesciences, Parker Aerospace, Merrill Lynch, Allergan, Orange County Pacific Symphony, the Tiger Woods Foundation and the Orange County United Way.
In addition to relevant work experience and financial assistance, the SAGE Scholars Program provides opportunities for students to develop their academic, leadership, and professional skills.
In order to apply, students must complete a short online application and submit required supplemental documents to the Center for Educational Partnerships by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 12, 2007. The online application is available on the SAGE Scholars website www.sagescholars.uci.edu
If you have trouble accessing the online application, please submit the attached paper version. You may submit additional sheets of paper for sections three and four if needed (this should be typed). For more information about the SAGE Scholars Program, please attend one of the following information sessions and visit our website.
- Thursday, October 4th at 5:30 pm in Social Ecology II Room 1306
- Monday, October 8th at 5:30 pm in Social Ecology II Room 1306
- Wednesday, October 10th at 5:30 pm in Social Ecology Room 1306
Please forward all questions to the email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application!