For those who don’t know, CHP has a big-screen TV that migrates among the freshmen halls and Arroyo Vista houses every year. It is currently in AV House 1006, but that is subject to change! Starting now and running until 11:00 AM on Friday of Week 3, October 19, the big screen will go to the house that can collect the most pennies per person!
Here are the rules:
1) To compensate for different house sizes, penny totals will be calculated as the average number of pennies per resident (i.e. For Loma: If 1000 pennies are collected, 1000/54 residents = 18.52/person. For AV 1006, with 25 residents, 1000 pennies, 1000/25 = 40/person).
2) You can add silver coins or even dollar bills (anything other than pennies) to another house/hall’s jar to subtract from their total. So a quarter would negate 25 pennies.
3) No money can be removed from a jar once it has been submitted. Jars will be kept in the Honors office until 9:00 am on Friday, October 19, at which time they will be moved to The Locus.
4) Eligible houses/halls include The Shire, Loma, Arroyo, and AV Houses 1006, 1008, 1010, 1012.
5) Proceeds from the Penny Drive will be put towards CHP & CHSC activities.
6) Deadline is Friday, Oct. 19 at 11 AM in the LOCUS (end of coffee hour).
If you have any questions, email Ryan at email@example.com.