ATTN Freshmen & New Admits: Both the Science Library and Langson Library will receive an updated list of all our students by the end of Week 1. You will be unable to access an honors study room before then. We apologize for the delay and if you encounter problems checking into an honors library study room after Week 2, October 8, please let us know.
Welcome to the CHP! We would like to invite you to join NAR, the CHP’s own Creative Works Journal!
What is NAR?
– NAR. An assortment of CHP students joined together to program fun events and highlight the artistic and creative talents of CHP students.
What does NAR do?
– Publish a quarterly journal featuring short stories, poems, drawings, paintings, digital art, sculptures, photography, music compositions, and any other creative works.
– Plan/Attend fun events! Ex: Annual Pi Day Bake-Off, Film Nights, Rent (dinner and movie), Arts and Crafts Workshops (Chocolate Candy Making, Beading, Candle Making, Hemp Jewelry, Painting), Museum Visits, Literature Readings.
What can I do for NAR?
We’re actively looking for new staff! (Some of us are getting old and need new bodies…) Lots of different positions are available or becoming available. We want to inform you of the opportunity to publish your works in the CHP Creative Works Journal and/or attend fun events.
If you’re interested in joining NAR (we need new staff!) or just want to know more about submitting your works, come to our first meeting of the school year on…
Thursday, Sept. 27th, 5:00 in The Locus
See you around,
Rachelle Lin & the NAR Staff
PS-Curious but can’t make it to the meeting? Email NARCHP@yahoo.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to check, verify, and adjust your enrollment during the adjustment period which runs until Sept. 26 at 5pm. Take time to access WebReg, list your classes, and make sure you know if any changes have occurred to your schedule. You don’t want to show up at the wrong room on the first day of class! Some Major-only and other restrictions are often lifted during the adjustment window, so you may want to check on courses that were previously unavailable to you during the initial enrollment period.
Please NOTE the two ROOM CHANGES to honors courses below:
1. Humanities Core, discussion section 29112 (TuTh 12:30-1:50p) is now meeting in the Mesa Court Community Center.
2. Social Science Core, discussion section 70016 (Tu 2:00-3:50p) is now meeting in Social Sciences Tower 220A.
The Annual Fall CHP Bonfire & BBQ at Huntington Beach is this Sunday, Sept. 30 from 3-7 pm! Please RSVP with the Honors Office or your CHP RA/HA by Thursday, Sept. 27 (we need to know how much food & drinks to buy). Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, snacks & s’mores are free to all! If you need a ride or can drive others, meet in the Arroyo Vista parking lot (Lot AV1) at 2:15p on Sunday. We need lots of drivers, so if you can take passengers, contact the PAA’s at email@example.com. Also remember to bring some money for parking and a jacket in case it gets cold after the sun goes down.
If you are a CHP Peer Mentor this year, there is a mandatory meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 26, at 4:30p in The Locus. The Peer Mentor Coordinators will be talking about the activities you’ll be doing with your mentees and then you’ll get to meet and escort them from SSH 100 to the Park when the CHP orientation concludes. If you CAN NOT make this meeting, please contact Alejandro Komai (firstname.lastname@example.org) BEFORE Wednesday’s meeting.