SAGE stands for Student Achievement Guided by Experience. The SAGE Scholars Program is a competitive, 2-year leadership development and business acumen training program for high-achieving low-income students.
- You have junior class standing with 90-134.9 units completed, graduating in June 2021 or later
- You have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You filed a 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a 2019-2020 California Dream Act Application (under AB 130 and AB 131), and have an Expected Family Contribution of $10,000 or lower
- You have working status as a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or have confirmed DACA status
If you meet these requirements, please continue reading and we hope that you will apply.
The SAGE Scholars Program provides students with the following:
- Direct support from the SAGE Scholars Program professional staff where we will assist you with goal setting, developing resumes and cover letters, mock interviews, perfecting an elevator pitch, preparing for career fairs, navigating internship and career searches as well as investigating graduate school programs
- Classroom curriculum and corporate guest presentations to build leadership skills, professionalism, transition from college to career and general life-skills
- The opportunity to apply for paid internships at one of our corporate sponsor sites
- Discounted test preparation courses for the GRE and LSAT
Applications are available on the website and are due on Wednesday, October 16, 2019 no later than 3pm at the Center for Educational Partnerships.