All registered UCI students who need to meet with a doctor when the UCI Student Health Center is closed or when you’re simply away from campus may take advantage of online video conferencing appointments through LiveHealth Online (LHO). Learn more about this remote wellness resource here.
Attention Social Ecology students: there is a new Honors Advisor in town! Joshua Miller is now the Honors Advisor for Social Ecology. Find his contact information, along with the contact information of all other current honors advisors on the Honors Advising Resource List.
Please make note of the following changes for this week only:
- Honors PAA Aidan’s hall hours have been cancelled. Instead he will be in the office for his regular office hours this Friday 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Honors PAA Cindy’s hall hours have been cancelled.
Due to the current situation on campus, please note that the Therapy Dog Coffee Hour scheduled for tomorrow, Friday, March 13 has been cancelled.
If you’re looking for some other ways to de-stress, here are some suggestions:
* Exercise. Try a YouTube workout video, like this “Yoga to Heal Stress” video from Yoga with Adriene
* Eat a healthy diet. If you need help accessing healthy food, visit the UCI Basic Needs Hub. For nutrition tips, check out these resources from the UCI Center for Student Wellness and Health Promotion.
* Get enough sleep. Make sure that you have a quiet, relaxing bedtime routine, listen to soothing music, put clocks away, and stick to a consistent schedule.
* Laugh more. Read some jokes, tell some jokes, watch a comedy or chat with your funny friends.
* Access more wellness resources here.
Happy Week 10! The Honors Office is currently open for business as usual for the week of March 9th. Please stop by our office Monday through Friday 9:00-12:00 p.m. and 1:00-4:00 p.m. (We are closed Tuesday, March 10th).
For students who are unable to come to the Honors Office, we are now offering various options available for virtual/digital walk-in meetings and research/thesis appointments.
If you wish to contact us with quick questions but are unable to come into the Honors Office in-person, please call (949) 824-5461 and ask to speak to the walk-in advisor. Non-urgent questions may also be emailed to email@example.com and will receive a response within two business days.
Research/thesis meetings only:
If you wish to have your scheduled research/thesis meeting as planned but are unable to come into the Honors Office in-person, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, student ID number, appointment time, and preferred method of communication: phone (include phone number), Zoom (include phone number), or Skype (include Skype user name).
If you wish to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you can do so directly via the appointments system appointments.web.uci.edu.
Campuswide Honors is closely monitoring the Coronavirus situation and will follow all campus directives regarding this issue. We realize that this is an evolving situation that can be understandably stressful. We encourage you to stay updated with the latest communications from UCI via the COVID-19 webpage and to contact the UCI Counseling Center personal support and resources as needed.