About the Artist

Hello,

My name is Kathleen Deck. I recently graduated the University of California Irvine with my Bachelor of Arts Degree. My multidisciplinary artistic practice is how I communicate, through creation, with the world. My main mediums include painting, drawing, and a more conceptual approach to art in combining earth system science and art to bring awareness to climate change. Many of my pieces involve the complex relationship between humans and the hydrologic cycle; how we affect it and how it affects us. In furthering my research, I hope to affect change on a global scale with my artistic practice.

I am extremely honored to have been awarded the Climate Action Fellowship from the UC Office of the President to carry out “Conservation through Creation.” With this support and the support from UC Irvine’s Sustainability Initiative, Facilities Management, Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program, the Earth System Science Department, and the Environmental Planning and Sustainability, I will be able to successfully bring awareness to climate change through the combination of art and science. Many thanks to everyone that has been encouraging towards this effort!

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Kathleen

kathleendeckart@gmail.com

Find more information about my artistic practice at my website: http://kathleendeckart.webs.com