Postscript to Powerball Picks

Postscript to Lottery Picks

After I posted my advice on choosing numbers for normal lotteries that lessened the chance of sharing the prize, I turned on my news and saw the Powerball winning numbers. My advice for the unique large prize was to choose the random number. However, in general for weekly lotteries, I recommended avoiding common choices, like numbers in dates, or small even numbers considered lucky ones.

So the result was: 04, 08, 19, 27, 34, with Powerball 10.

Three are the small even numbers 04, 08, and 10. All three of those are also among the months in dates. Five of the six number are also those used in days in dates. All of the numbers are less than half of the maximum 69 which is 34.5. The Powerball 10 is less than half of the maximum 26. So the final numbers violated all of my rules to avoid splitting the winnings. I then expect there will be many winners, which I think is good.

Update:  there were three winners.

This entry was posted in Lotteries. Bookmark the permalink.