The Janus Ruling and the Law of Unintended Consequences

I am not a Supreme Court lawyer, so my understanding of the Janus Ruling is just what I get from the “Fake News” Press and TV. But many times, people fix on a twisted interpretation to get their way, which if applied elsewhere, has unintended consequences. Maybe Janus is one of those cases. If so, I’m sure expert lawyers will understand that, but it may be absurd to try to apply it elsewhere. So I will.

The ruling seems to be that government workers, while benefiting greatly from Unions which raise their salaries and give them better working conditions, can’t be required to pay dues just for the bargaining work. To some of us, this just doesn’t make any sense. The escape clause seems to be that an individual worker may not agree with what the union does, so charging them violates their freedom of speech.

Well, a lot of us pay Federal taxes, but disagree with what President Trump says, yet we benefit from the government, say by the military protecting us from our new national security threats, Canada and Mexico. First of all, we disagree with Trump because we believe in, and tell, the Truth. Nothing Trump says is the Truth. Applying the ancient and natural Law of Unintended Consequences, those who disagree with Trump do not have to pay their taxes. In fact, even if you love Trump, and are thankful for all of the things that he does for us (?), you don’t have to pay taxes either. They are simply voluntary. We know that that is Trump’s attitude, also.

The zinger here would be Mar-a-Lago. The initiation fee is $200,000. The yearly fee is $14,000. Some of the profits from that undoubtedly go to supporting Trump, and his political activities. Here’s where the Janus ruling comes in. If you disagree with anything that Trump says politically, or does politically, then he is violating your freedom of speech with that money. So you don’t have to pay the dues, but can still enjoy the best chocolate cake in the world, while listening to Trump discuss international top secrets with foreign leaders. If he objects to your not paying dues, sue him under Janus!

It’s really impossible to agree with Trump, since he flips his views around daily, as his staff laments.

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Freedom of Speech, Supreme Court. Bookmark the permalink.