“Laguna Beach Art” Flickr Album by Dennis Silverman

I have been sampling the vast amount of outdoor art viewable in Laguna Beach, and putting an album of it on my Flickr account. The album name is simply Laguna Beach Art.

Of course, the art festivals, and the many galleries, have incredible art of various forms for sale. But they don’t want pictures of those taken or put on the web. Both the city, and individual businesses, have put many art objects on display around the city.

While taking many scenic walks around parts of the city, I have taken picture of the arts which I have seen. In compiling this album, I have taken closer note of many of the objects that I have walked by every day, often paying little attention. I hope viewing the art photos in a relaxed-at-home setting will also give viewers more time to enjoy them.

I must apologize that the photos are a first pass attempt, without my real camera, with often poor lighting-du-jour, and without evaluating them until I got home. Hopefully, I will improve and replace some. I’m still in the process of labeling the photos at my leisure.

So far I have covered the main areas of Main Beach, Downtown Laguna, Heisler Park, the Festival of Arts, the Art-a-Fair, the Sawdust Festival, and the Montage Resort Beach Walk.

This is the “Laguna Beach Art” album link.

I have found an encyclopedic site “Public Art in Public Places”, and have linked to the Laguna Beach pages here.  This gives precise locations and more information, which I have added to my photos.  There is also an online booklet titled “Laguna Beach Public Art Collection” which gives stories and pictures of the artworks.

My older “Laguna Beach” album has the trees, scenery and foliage shots.

My “Sunsets” album has mostly sunsets from a Laguna Beach hillside, but also UC Irvine, Maui beach sunsets, and Kauai sunrises.

About Dennis SILVERMAN

I am a retired Professor of Physics and Astronomy at U C Irvine. For two decades I have been active in learning about energy and the environment, and in reporting on those topics for a decade. For the last four years I have added science policy. Lately, I have been reporting on the Covid-19 pandemic of our times.
This entry was posted in Laguna Beach Art, Sunsets. Bookmark the permalink.