Note to Kavanaugh: Yale Law Advice on Applying for a Federal Position

Note to Kavanaugh:  Yale Law Advice on Applying For a Federal Position

Yale Law has advice to students applying for any government position.  I will retype the part relevant to the Kavanaugh nomination for a lifetime position on the Supreme Court, to be the highest reviewer of US laws. 

“Suitability Review:  All applicants for federal positions, including summer interns and volunteers, must undergo a suitability review.”

“The suitability review is an evaluation of a person’s character traits and conduct to decide whether that individual is likely to act with integrity and efficiency in their job (e.g. should an individual who violated the law by using drugs be allowed to work for an agency whose responsibility is to enforce the law?).

Judge Brett Kavanaugh was an undergraduate at Yale, and a graduate of its Law School.

Mike drop!!

As I write this, I am watching Bill Cosby being led away in hand cuffs, sentenced to 3-10 years for three cases of sexual assault.  He could have gotten 10 years on each charge, for drugging women and then having sex with them.  65 women accused him of sexual harassment or assault.  The earliest accuser was from 1974.  Mark Geragos is now on CNN making the same comparison.

Here is the link to the Yale Law advice.

https://law.yale.edu/student-life/career-development/students/career-pathways/public-interest/you-apply-understanding-government-background-checks

This entry was posted in 2018 Midterm Election, Donald Trump, Equal Treatment Under the Law, Kavanaugh, Supreme Court. Bookmark the permalink.