Eight Hours Full of Tears, Sound and Fury, Signifying What?

Eight hours full of tears, sound and fury, signifying what?

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford was justifiably nervous, and very emotional.  Yet she answered all questions accurately, without any anger.  The national audience was undoubtedly swayed.  So when Kavanaugh arrived, the Republicans changed strategy.

Did Kavanaugh really need a whole week in the White House to learn to drag out a non-answer for more than 5 minutes?  I could have done that with one hand tied behind my back.  However, I couldn’t have remembered who pitched a baseball game I saw in college, while so drunk that I was stumbling off of a bus.  For one thing, I didn’t drink, for another, I couldn’t care less about baseball.  

In Kavanaugh’s rage, he had apparently smoked the White House reefers this week and accused the Democrats of a plot of bringing all of these fake accusers of sexual assaults as a conspiracy to derail him.  This is the same conspiracy that Trump cited in the four or five accusers that he said he had (actually, 21).  All the Republicans accused the Democrats of hiding the accusers until they were needed at the last minute.  And, the delay was essentially a crime against giving him the Supreme Court position that he was entitled to, as soon as possible.

Do we really want a bullying gangster conspiracy theorist on the Supreme Court?  He clearly won’t be congenial with the four Democrats including three women on the court. 

Do we want Trump 2.0 on the Supreme Court?

However, when a Republican Senator asked a question, he gave them a quiet Yes or No answer.

With great chutzpah comes great obfuscation.

How belligerent can you get while sober, in denying that you are belligerent when drunk?

We have to remember a story that goes all the way back to the Old Testament, where Lot gets drunk, and sleeps with his daughters.  Even that thousands of years old story knows that drunk people are not aware of what they are doing.  It’s in the Bible as a warning to those who drink to excess.

Every witness was mistaken, except those who he wants you to believe, says Kavanaugh.

To judge, we need a judge to take testimony from Judge.

Why does the conservative elite always claim that they are the victims?

At least I now know how a “plow” works.

Do real scholarly students really say that they “worked their butt off” over and over again?  Or do they say that they learned a lot, in a very good school?

Maybe it was Sen. Hirano who said, “but you went to Georgetown Prep”, when Kavanaugh bragged about working so hard that he got into Yale.  Georgetown Prep is one of the most prestigious prep schools, who’s website informs us that 100% of their students go on to college.

Senator Lindsay Graham blew his top all day long, in response to Trump’s call to be tougher.  The news said that he is proving his chops in wanting to be the next Attorney General.  Do we really want Trump 3.0 as Attorney General?

Who is the honest one?  Kavanaugh seemed very uncomfortable, which could be the reason for all of his emotionalism.  It reminds me of Dylan Thomas’s “Do not go gentle into that good night, … rage, rage against the dying of the light.”

This entry was posted in 2018 Midterm Election, Donald Trump, Supreme Court. Bookmark the permalink.