How did you use this product/subscription in your course?

I used the CatchBox on a daily basis in class, usually from 2-6 times per lesson. I would ask for student volunteers to answer a question and then would toss it to them. I would also sometimes pass it to student so that they could ask questions using it.

In what ways do you feel the product/subscription supported student learning, if at all?

There was a strong positive feeling in the room when the students could hear each other’s voices when using the microphone. I don’t have any data to say that it helped students learn, but it felt good to hear their voices over the sound system and I got the impression that it helped build their confidence levels when they did so.

What challenges, if any, did you encounter when using this product/subscription?

There was some initial technical difficulties but I largely ironed those out.

What advice would you give to a colleague who’s interested in using this product?

Try it out and don’t be discouraged if you encounter initial technical difficulties! I almost gave up on it after the first day because the technical issues were so bad, but my TAs urged me to keep using it so I did and I couldn’t be happier – I can’t imagine teaching without it now!

Overall, would you recommend this product/subscription to other faculty?

Yes