Address cover letter to Carey Ransom, Program Manager
Submit application by Wednesday, June 3, via
CEO Leadership Alliance – Humanities Research Intern Google Form
This is an exciting opportunity to help support the CEO Leadership Alliance of Orange County (“CLA”) and its efforts to help build a thriving Orange County for everyone. We are a collaborative effort led by purposeful CEOs who believe that contributing to the community is not only a responsibility, but the right thing to do. As a non-profit organization, we are working together to build a thriving Orange County for all (www.CLAOC.org).
We work strategically to help others succeed through four focus areas to build synergies for enhanced economic and community well-being:
- Education: Creating Career pathways for students to the jobs of the future
- Talent: Developing, attracting, and retaining talent with a vibrant business community that motivates students and employees to stay in Orange County
- Branding: Showcasing the dynamic and diverse offerings in Orange County for quality of work and life through our inclusive and opportunity-rich communities
- Innovative Investment: Expanding our ecosystem of innovation to change the equation for start-ups through venture funding and by connecting entrepreneurs and CEOS.
As an intern, you will help us to design a research project to establish a baseline for entrepreneurial activity in Orange County as well as the availability and gaps in the workforce. Based on this research, the intern also will assist us in developing branding messages that foster overall community connectedness and attract resources to support this ecosystem.
You will be part of the CLA team, working with the program managers and executive team on specific research projects. You will use industry leading research tools in your work, and you will produce visualizations and stories to help us explain the current and desired future state for Orange County. This position is open to students in any field of study who are a fit for the position as described below.
- Develop and executive the research plan to deliver the desired outcomes and stories
- Uncover initial baseline metrics, trends, and insights
- (Learn how to) Create an initial data visualization with readily available tools
- Identify gaps in initial research and wish lists of information
- Communicate research findings and next step recommendations
- Provide an ongoing data collection mechanism to keep information updated
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Proficiency or interest in developing proficiency with Excel and comfortable in analyzing data
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to prioritize work, take initiative, and be self-sufficient with responsibilities
- Ability to work well with others on a team as well as independently
- Desire for learning new technologies and analytic tools
- Familiarity with research techniques and presentation tools
- Display of intellectual curiosity for research and providing analysis and insights
- Paid Internship for approximately 20 hours/week for 10 weeks (maximum 195 hours)
- Opportunity to learn from CLA staff, including executives
- Work on assignments across a variety of work experiences