Address cover letter to Annabel Adams, Executive Director, Humanities Marketing & Communications
Submit application by Wednesday, June 3, via Humanities Communications Google Form
Reporting to the UCI School of Humanities’ Executive Director of Marketing & Communications, the Communications Coordinator will serve as the communications liaison between the UCI School of Humanities’ Marketing & Communications team and UCI Humanities Center. The incumbent will be the point person for amplifying events and news from the center through digital and social media channels and will ensure adherence to UCI-wide brand and editorial standards.
- In coordination with the Executive Director of Marketing & Communications, plan and implement a communications strategy for the Humanities Center.
- Monitor the Humanities Center’s social media presence.
- Serve as proofreader and copy-editor on all of the Humanities Center’s external communications, including event emails, website updates and stories.
- Ensure steps are taken for each public-facing event to promote it through various center, school and university-wide channels.
- Ensure all Humanities Center promotional and marketing materials meet the center, school and UCI-wide brand and editorial standards.
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of communication strategies.
- Previous experience with design software (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Previous experience with non-academic writing