Humanities Out There Public Fellows have the opportunity to apply and expand their humanities research and writing capacities in a non-profit setting. Graduate students currently enrolled in a doctoral, masters or MFA program in the School of Humanities are eligible to apply.
To apply for a Public Fellows position, submit a 2-page cover letter and resume to the Humanities Commons through EEE SCOUT by April 9, 2018. The cover letter should address your interest and qualifications for a specific organization and project from the list. If applying for more than one position, submit a cover letter for each position and indicate your first choice on the application form.
We have extended the deadline to apply for positions at the Bowers Museum, the Heritage Museum of Orange County, OC Parks Heritage Division, and Laguna Art Museum. (The LARB position has been filled.) Download the project descriptions here: Summer 2018 Public Fellows Project Descriptions
NOTE: The Heritage Museum of Orange County position requires digital platform skills.
- Summer quarter internship, 20 hours per week for 10 weeks (GSR). Gross pay approximately $5,000.
Summer 2018 Selection Process
- Application deadline extended to April 9 via EEE Scout at https://scout.eee.uci.edu/s/public-fellows-2018
- Humanities Commons will process applications immediately
- Top candidates will be contacted by host organizations to schedule interviews for the week of April 16
- Final placements will be announced by April 23
- Positions begin late June and end by mid-September
Read about the 2017 Public Fellows’ experiences:
- Anandi Rao, PBS SoCal
- Olivia Humphrey, LARB
- Soodabeh Malekzadeh, Heritage Museum of Orange County
- Shane Breitenstein, PBS SoCal
- Deanna Kashani, Bowers Museum
- Tavleen Kaur, Santa Ana Public Library
- Leopoldo Peña, Laguna Art Museum
- Kourosh Alizadeh, Santa Ana Public Library
- Daniella McCahey, Bowers Museum
- Gerald Maa, OC Parks Historical Division
Questions? Contact Amanda Jeanne Swain, Humanities Commons Executive Director, at email@example.com or 949-824-1948.