Architectures, 2.2: Cindy Wang

Map 1 – My House

A hotspot of where most of the residents spend their time.

A map of the pathways that are most common that the residents take.

Map 2 – Street View of My House

The black and orange squiglies represent the neighborhood cats that wander everywhere. There is traffic on the main road, and not much pedestrian traffic.

Map 3 – Aerial View of the Entire Neighborhood

The reason why the line near the gas station is extra thick is because that station is ALWAYS busy, since it has the lowest gas rates for the entire area. The McDonald’s also always has traffic that spills onto the street, so that’s why I chose red for that particular street. The neighborhood borderlines against a golf course. The other major road that leads into the neighborhood is less frequently used.

One Reply to “Architectures, 2.2: Cindy Wang”

1. Dear Cindy: Thanks for sharing your maps! I love how your BF and cats all have a dedicated place in the office but not you. 🙂 Do you typically work at the dining table? It’s funny how these flows and interactions tell so much about our daily activities. It seems like the legend in your neighborhood map is missing an icon for the black boxes, are these houses in the neighborhood? I hope in your final mapping design you are able to come up ways to illustrate traffic (e.g., others have reviewed how color spectrum can be used to illustrate traffic density).