Geographies, Part 2: Tiffany Tam

This assignment was both difficult and enlightening. I found it difficult because it became quite a task juggling between sketching and keeping track of where I left off with the directions. It took a little bit of time to get in the groove of sketching while standing, I eventually used walls and any other flat surfaces I could find to anchor my clipboard. That aside, I found it to be a pretty enlightening experience. I walk around this area frequently, but I’m usually too busy trying to get to my destination to even pay attention to what is going on around me. I discovered new restaurants, murals and even some new side streets. I noticed this really cool art detail beneath a tree that I had not seen before and I walk by that tree at least 3 times a day. It made me wonder, do other people notice these things? Are people who don’t frequent this area more likely to see it? Am I just more “jaded” and take it for granted?This assignment showed me that I need to take off my headphones and start paying attention to the details around me. I feel inspired, motivated and even a little re-energized to design.